Fishing Report TODAY SUNDAY - August 1

Cap'nkirk

R.O.C. (Radio Operator's Certificate)
Sky look clear, wind seems light, I am heading down to Burwell. Windy says NW 5 at Burwell right now

@kirkplewes sky sure doesn’t look clear here in Long Point. It’s actually pretty dark on the lakeside. But no winds here.

Conditions look good for Erie to me. Port Stanley Buoy waves are just 1 Foot. Should be a good day to catch a limit. I'll be working on the "Honey Do" list today but I see Port Glasgow in my future tomorrow! Happy Fishing and Tight Lines. Be safe and enjoy! Potential for thunderstorms today...

40% chance storms 10am and 11am
Keep an eye and be prepared to get hell off the water quick.
Coming from the NW so you likely have to boat into it to get off
Or if you’re lucky storm will stay on land and you’ll be good

But more storms trailing behind it so you’ll have to be strategic about it

Personally think it isn’t worth it
But you could get lucky

Last edited:
I had to go to Burwell to drop some things in my boat anyway and install a couple things. Is thundering and real dark. Think I will stay at the dock as should the folks heading out in 16 foot boats. Shake my head, you don't hear the thunder and with your rods all sticking in the air...hmmmmm

ACCUWEATHER:
special weather statement in effect Thunderstorms with pea to nickel size hail possible today.
Isolated thunderstorms are expected today as a cold front moves through.
The main threats will be hail of 1 to 2 cm and wind gusts up to 70 km/h.

Just got in at Burwell big storm ripping through now. We fish 15 minutes got 1. Clear when we left marina

It's nice and sunny here in Port Bruce right now but I don't know what the lake is like right now, I'm at my trailer at the docks.

Yes . I agree you need to look at the radar but a day like yesterday, there were little cells popping up all over. Don't trust those days.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks