Off Topic Tire question

• Thread starter Deleted member 5866
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 5866

So I know that when you don't drive a vehicle often, it's not all that unusual for the tires to lose some air.

On my truck, I'm losing air in 3 of my 4 tires and having to re inflate them usually every 3 weeks or so. (they aren't losing a lot but enough)

Lots of tread, no cracks in the side walls and no bulges. They're just losing air slowly over time.

I don't go out often, or far when I do, (unless I'm fishin and well we know I'm not doing that right now.) Just wondering if anyone has any ideas?

Using soapy water you can test all parts of the tire, rim, v stems.

I've found some very small diameter punctures don't leak until the head of the screw/nail are worn down.

Some older aluminum rims are prone to corrosion then leak through the rim. My daughter had the problem on her Toyota. She got them resealed but leaked again a couple years later so ended up buying steel rims and wheel covers to end the problem.

I had the same issue on all four of my tires that were only a year old. It became bad enough that they were losing enough air to set off my tire pressure monitor once a week. A month ago I had the rubber taken off the rims and the rims cleaned and re sealed. There has not been any air loss since I had them cleaned. I have since been told that some tire places don't clean the rims before the new set of tires are installed and hence why I had a problem. If you wanna confirm this is the problem, just spray some soapy water where the tire meets the rim and look for any small bubbles.

TireJect

With the consistency of milk it seals everything, doesn't effect balance, is easily cleaned, is safe for highway speeds, and continues working for future punctures. Basically the opposite of Slime.

For your slow leaks a half dose will likely work fine.

It's amazing stuff. I have it in my truck, trailers and ATV tires.

Same as above !
If... if they are aluminum rims get them cleaned and reseated. Happens to mine all the time. Unfortunately most places only fix the one tire giving you trouble and not all.

TireJect

With the consistency of milk it seals everything, doesn't effect balance, is easily cleaned, is safe for highway speeds, and continues working for future punctures. Basically the opposite of Slime.

For your slow leaks a half dose will likely work fine.

It's amazing stuff. I have it in my truck, trailers and ATV tires.
Can I ask where you purchase Tireject? Thanks

Sounds like you Have a F-150 with the honeycomb rims... Same thing happens to mine. Happened with the old tires (Michelin), happening with current tires (K02s), had them re seated and buffed the rims. Still happens. Checked stems no bubbles, just what happens I guess. About once a month i have to fill them. Very very slow leak. It seems like I check them Friday and they are good PSI and by Sunday they are sitting at 25psi...

Can I ask where you purchase Tireject? Thanks

Ordered online last year. It's a relatively new product so no Canadian retailers had it at the time, but it may be available here now.

I think it was $90 shipping included for the ATV kit. 3 of 4 tires leaked bad enough (likely over a dozen plugs in the tires) that they would be completely flat after sitting for a day or two. It's been over a year since adding the TireJect and the PSI has dropped 0.1 PSI.

Wife's car with aluminum rims that would never seal. Half dose of TireJect and the problem is solved.

One of the rims on my truck rusted around the valve stem resulting in a 1 PSI per day drop. TireJect worked great, but I did have to remove the wheel and flop it around so the fluid could reach that part of the rim.

For leaking beads you can use a 1/2 dose. Remove the wheel and flop it on each side a few times so the fluid can reach the bead. It seals aluminum rims as good as tires.

Slime is a useless joke and obsolete when compared to TireJect. Worth every penny.

Sounds like you Have a F-150 with the honeycomb rims... Same thing happens to mine. Happened with the old tires (Michelin), happening with current tires (K02s), had them re seated and buffed the rims. Still happens. Checked stems no bubbles, just what happens I guess. About once a month i have to fill them. Very very slow leak. It seems like I check them Friday and they are good PSI and by Sunday they are sitting at 25psi...

TireJect will relieve your headaches...

It’s the ko2’s in your situation, I have the same problem with them on my f150 also and I also had the problem on my old chev work truck.

Thanks @ch312 I found a Canadian supplier that's cheaper than Amazon. I have a problem with keeping air in my lawn tractor, loading cart and power washer tires but my vehicle or boat trailer tires are never a problem. I've had limited success using Fix-a-Flat Tire Repair Sealant which is definitely better than Slime that's a joke but Tireject looks to be a much better alternative. :)

Thanks again everyone. No it's not a Ford. Mazda. I'll look into having them resealed (later). I have an air hawk so I can continue putting air in them as needed without having to go anywhere other than where I intended to go (ie groceries or laundry) when I leave the house.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks