Off Topic Timber Wolf Lodge May 20th-July5th

Three Bouys

R.O.C. (Radio Operator's Certificate)
These are pictures taken with my phone. Various shots of sunsets/sunrises and eagles, bears and wolves at the food/fish carcasses dump.
I had the most enjoyable experience that one couldn’t imagine. It’s diffently not a place or enviroment for someone who appreciates the total seclusion from day to day kaos. 95% of the guests were from the USA. Also 1guest from Ireland meet his son from Florida in Toronto to be there. One of the guests that came where a father and his 2 sons and one of the sons is a US Coast Guard helicopter swimmer. He told some very interesting rescues and of his friends on the tv show Deadlist Catch.
During my time there, my biggest job was cleaning fish. When I went up there I took my Rapala Ion fish cleaning knife and a new blade. By the time @stomp showed up with my new replacement blade my cleaning knife was almost worn out and couldn’t get the blades out of it.
For an approximate amount of fish cleaned in 5 weeks was 1000 Walleye and pike that were bagged/frozen for the guests to take home. Also 2-3 times a week there was fish fries for the guest and approx another 500 Walleye, Pike and White fish cooked for dinner.

With my background experience as a millwright, electrician, plumber and other experiences I fit right in helping Gary.

I will be returning next year to help out again, but it was time to leave and come home to my family and friends.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks