Ticks are out

LadyInRed

Fishing the Lynn yesterday and I had two of the buggers on me and found one on my backpack. Ugh, I hate those things!!! They were dog ticks, not deer so at least there is that....but still....EWWWW!!

I was talking to some other guys from around S.Ont and they are finding lots and lots of ticks on themselves and their dogs, so get out the bug juice before going out.

Thanks. I have been turkey hunting the last week. now I am paranoid of ticks:(:)

Good reminder, had a tick on me at Long Point in mid April, one of those Lyme disease infested deer ticks, could barely see it and it was only around plus 3 degrees when I was fishing channels for Crappie. For some reason I always get them on me. As I tell my wife, I'm a tick magnet...

Ya out in Normandale the dogs have had countless deer tics and now we are seeing the larger ones. Had a few carried in the house. I have some bush on site and can almost be positive I've brought a few home too. Keep your eyes peeled. They are around for sure since the cpl warm days we had early April.

♥ Flea & Tick Remedy ♥

8 oz apple cider vinegar
4 oz warm water
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp baking soda

Mix dry ingredients first then slowly add to wet as the vinegar and baking soda will react slightly. Put into spray bottle and spray pets down. Be careful not to get in pets eyes.

Use Borax throughout the house, sprinkle it on the carpets and let sit for a few hours, then vacuum. This should kill all the fleas and ticks in your home and on your pets.

Back