thursday st. williams

shutoutagain

fished from 9-12 out of st williams. ice was about 7" thick were i was out amongst the village of huts. lots of dinks swimming around but no jumbos to be seen. what is going on out there ? just a heads up to all heading down for the licence free weekend it is very slippery out there. cleats would be strongly recommended especially if you have youngsters running around. i cant make it down this weekend but good luck to all that do. hopefully the jumbos show up

jeff black

I'm guessing at what's going on with the lack of perch,just might be a year by year quality of fish,size,population(spawn)also migration. You can sit there all day in one spot or move and still get squat. But the next day it might be non stop keeper action from let's say 10.30 to 1. 00 o'clock,then nothing...I've seen it,especially back in 2002 when I drove my full size ford van to ec10 and fished out the side door!!

It be nice to see some archive posts from 6-8 here..pictures from 10 or 12 years ago of jumbo perch and many people posting keeper limits during ice season. If stomp can repost some of the awesome days back then.

Was out yesterday with my son. Started good, dropped line pulled up 3 incher[xx(]. Last one for next 2 hours. Ended moving 4 times and seen a total of 7 dinkies and 1 medium (7") we took home to prove we did indeed keep something. Very slippery out of St. Williams.

Funny Johny 2 mentioned pics from yesteryear because I too was thinking just that last night. Huron.

Yup i was thinkin of the past years when every other post Huron,was reporting lots of good size perch and numbers.I feel bad if fishers are struggling to get a feed when this year on the ice just aint that good.Dont risk your life for a few meddling small perch eh.Wait till spring,there will be lots of hogs spawning close to shore.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks