this upload sucks

scrimmy

R.O.C. (Radio Operator's Certificate)

Some from Friday morning.
2006-07-23013.jpg
[/URL][/img]

I think I heard you the first time Scrimmy; Skunked has a better upload. I'm not a member over there, so I'll take your word for it. However, most here seem to be able to work with the 6-8 upload, as crappy as it is. So, one might conclude that, maybe, you are, at least, a part of the problem.

Have always found it pretty straight forward and simple..... upload your photos to photobucket, on the right hand side of the screen beside your photo is a box with "Links to share this photo" just copy the URL link and paste it below your typed fishing report. Hit enter, then do the same thing for each additional photo

Sorry Stomp it is just frustrating to try and upload pics. I do use Photobucket and never have any trouble at Skunked. Your site does not seem to allow more than 2 pics to upload. I very well could be doing something wrong and if so I would like to know what it is. I upload the images from Photobucket to the skunked site and post it there with no problem. I then copy the post and try to post it on your site, but it will not display more than a couple of pictures. I have no idea why. Before your site was upgraded it worked fine for me and you could display as many images as you wanted to.
As far as johnnyo is concerned, I have been a member of this site for years with no problems and I try to help fisherman as best I can so you sir can " No I won't lower myself to your level" have a great day johnnyo

Last edited:
I have problems with this Windows8RT tablet working from off site photo file sites such as Photobucket, because of compatibility issues with Windows8RT, as I've been told by the Fast Computer owner in Hagersville. I have compatibility issues with them and in my very personal opinion would not buy anything from them again. Somewhat too late once I payer for this program, would never have bought into the whole Windows8RT thing if I knew it's not compatible with anything but MSoft apps and only Microsoft apps that they want at least $0.99 each. Can't take an IPod's music.

Scrimmy do you have Windows 8?

Now how about those fish, nice haul, mind sharing what hardware you hit them with? Please, pretty please. Don't even want to know where.

Thanks

Johnny D.

Still can't edit. Can you help me Stomp of you read this? For example can't get the cursor to go to the incorrect "of" instead of "if".

Whatsthepoint, Purple Taildancers (30') model off of 10 colour scraping bottom, UV Pluto, Nascar, and copper Watermelon back 100' from the ball down 51,53, 55, and 57' in 59-67 fow 5 miles east of Port Glasgow out in front of Eagle. Speed of the boat was 3.2 mph speed and temp of the water at the lure were unknown as I lost my sensor along with a release and cannonball setting the first line out. I checked the cable after Fridays charter and all seemed well until this morning. Total cost for replacements about $400.00, total charge for this mornings charter $400.00. So all I lost was my time and gas. Who said you could make money running fishing charters, lol,lol

Scrimmy, I did exactly what @Fish em All described above with pix from your photobucket account. Looks like it's working fine for me on my computer and with more than 2 photos.

You say you copy the post from Skunked to here? Well, I'm guessing that's likely the cause of your problem. Try doing the reverse next time; post here first and then copy to Skunked. You might just see similar issues over there (and then you can bitch to their webmaster). I think you're best to grab the image links from photobucket and then independently paste them into any board to which you want to post. The code you are cutting from Skunked and pasting here isn't necessarily compatible; they are different forum software packages. So, really, the upload doesn't suck cause you're not doing an upload.

Last edited:
Thanks Stomp, I will have to look into my machine. Next time I will use my lap top and see if they work from that machine.

Guys, I think the problem is that Wayne is trying to copy his whole post including the image links from one forum to another which seems to cause problems with the links for some reason in a lot of these sites. If you cut and paste the post after it has been uploaded, you need to delete the IMG links in the new post and re-copy them from Photobucket. I don't know why but I post on both sites too (when I have time to fish that is) and found the same issue copying from Stomps forum to the second best Lake Erie forum as well. ;)

I'm hoping to fianally get my parents moved this week and then I'll be able to get out and get some pictures of my own to post!!

Guys, I think the problem is that Wayne is trying to copy his whole post including the image links from one forum to another which seems to cause problems with the links for some reason in a lot of these sites. I
That's my theory too (see above). Looks like my older forum software was compatible with messages pasted from Skunked. The new 6-8 forum software, which I think is pretty leading edge, doesn't appear to be compatible with Skunked. When you cut and paste these messages, you're picking up a bunch of code that you can't necessarily see. The forum software that receives the pasted code must be able to interpret that code in order for the message to display properly and if it can't, then unexpected stuff happens. Ask the proprietor of Skunked to upgrade their web forum software to what is being used here on 6-8 and that should fix your cut and paste problems :p.

Last edited:
Stomp, your new forum is wonderfull and a breath of fresh air...love it! For folks my age (over 50) and not so computer savy, sometimes these changes can be compared to a prostate exame with a Shimatsu back hoe. However, we eventually figure it out...with a little bit of "seat time" (no pun intended).lol.
Thanks for giving us a state-of-the-art forum!

cheers,
Mike

That's my theory too (see above). Looks like my older forum software was compatible with messages pasted from Skunked. The new 6-8 forum software, which I think is pretty leading edge, doesn't appear to be compatible with Skunked. When you cut and paste these messages, you're picking up a bunch of code that you can't necessarily see. The forum software that receives the pasted code must be able to interpret that code in order for the message to display properly and if it can't, then unexpected stuff happens. Ask the proprietor of Skunked to upgrade their web forum software to what is being used here on 6-8 and that should fix your cut and paste problems :p.

Sorry Stomp, I should have read your reply more thoroughly. I read it last night before your edit then this morning I replied and repeated exactly what you said in your edit . My bad.

I stand corrected and will do what you said. As far as jonnnyo's remark it was uncalled for. I never once said I don't like this site and I have many friends on this site that I try to keep informed about fish locations etc. I was just frustrated with the upload procedure after a very long few days on the lake, losing a $300.00 depth raider probe, cannonball, release etc. If he does not like me expressing my freedom of expression maybe he should just ignore my posts and mind his own business.

Scrimmy, twice, over the period of a couple of weeks, you came on here and said the upload sucked and said the same upload thing works great at Skunked. That's the title of this thread that you started. Perhaps, you would have been better served by asking for help the first time, instead of immediately declaring that 6-8 sucks. I'm sure you might feel a little ticked if someone twice came on here and said some aspect of your charter service sucked and that so-and-so's charter service was much better.

Now, you're feeling wronged because someone took a shot at you?

You have a point Stomp, maybe I should have asked for help. Maybe you should re-read my post also, I never once said that 6-8 sucks and never would. I only said the upload sucks. If I offended anybody I apologize because that was not my intention. Sometimes frustration will get the best of anyone including you Stomp.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks