Off Topic This made me pretty upset

Status
Not open for further replies.
Saw this video this morning.
Maybe not everyone agrees but whatever I’m sharing it hoping if you agree and live in the Kitchener area you will not give these people your business

I’m am with you 100%…totally uncalled for by this restaurant, I hope charges are being laid and more…just my 2 cents

It’s been floating around since it happened and hopefully their business won’t survive after this. Not that I want to see a business fail but this was totally unacceptable. You won’t catch me giving those owners a dime of my money and if they open a new business elsewhere in the area and I find out I won’t go there. Maybe if they offer a public apology which I highly doubt they will then you may see people going in to their restaurant.

Yeah, hate to be devils advocate, but I want ALL the details here before I judge what went down. Including the lead up. Not just the media sound bites. I’ve been at some stories that have been grossly misreported by the so called “news” these days. If it’s as it is on the face of it, then I hope they lose their shirts. But I don’t judge until I see all the facts!

Well my opinion is they should have called the police and let them deal with it
They have no rights to touch him
And he clearly was in distress
If you read the article he suffers from asbergers syndrome.

“ Asperger syndrome (AS), also known as Asperger's, is a neurodevelopmental disorder characterized by significant difficulties in social interaction and nonverbal communication, along with restricted and repetitive patterns of behavior and interests.”

It's hard to believe business owners in the service industry would/could be so uniformed/ignorant of the law(s).

I guess it's possible but unlikely.

l'll wait for the investigation to be completed and see what comes of it.

Don't recognize it/them so pretty safe bet I've never been there.

Derk , an owner/agent can arrest under the TTPA if failure to leave and ID themselves. However, this doesn’t supersede the service animal portion. Regardless of the reasons why, totally unprofessional as the guy obviously had a disability. Proper way to handle it is to have police come. I may have missed it, but what restaurant is this?

We manage a restaurant and this service animal thing is grossly abused, we’ve had many issues like service cats running around other peoples tables dogs barking etc , some are allergic to Animals! If you visually impaired I can see this. But if your cat is service animal because it make you happy and you know it… come on now lol.
Flip side to every story. Drug addiction is a medical issue but they can’t but doing heroin at there table because if helps them cope,

We manage a restaurant and this service animal thing is grossly abused, we’ve had many issues like service cats running around other peoples tables dogs barking etc , some are allergic to Animals! If you visually impaired I can see this. But if your cat is service animal because it make you happy and you know it… come on now lol.
Flip side to every story. Drug addiction is a medical issue but they can’t but doing heroin at there table because if helps them cope,
Drug addicts don’t spend their money at restaurants, and doctors don’t prescribe heroin addicts heroin to help them cope
I don’t know what point you were trying to make there???
You have the right to refuse service to whom ever you want.
If you chose to deny a person service because of a service animal you will have to expect that person may bring a human rights violation your way.
If you chose to assault that person rather than call the police you can assume that criminal charges be coming your way.

And if you think it won’t affect your business you are wrong, if you look into the back lash this has caused this restaurant owner
They are temporarily closed and have people protesting out front of the restaurant 👍

I don't know why but when I click on the link all I get is this.

{
"prefer_related_applications": true,
"related_applications": [
{
"platform": "play",
"id": "com.rogers.citynews",
"url": "citynews://"
}
]
}

I don't know why but when I click on the link all I get is this.

{
"prefer_related_applications": true,
"related_applications": [
{
"platform": "play",
"id": "com.rogers.citynews",
"url": "citynews://"
}
]
}
Weird I clicked on it again and it still brings me to the article
You can probably find it if you Google search it on your browser

The only Service Dog that I think of comes from the good people at CNIB (Cdn. National Institute for the Blind) and they (end user and animal) both go through some serious training before being given free rein. Those dogs usually wear a special harness clearly identifying it as such. I have a friend whose dog gets paid to go to hospitals/ senior care homes, etc. as a therapy animal but if he goes to a eating establishment the dog stays home. Supposedly their is an Act being put forward before the Provincial Parliament regarding Service Animals .

There is always 3 sides to every story...side "A". side "B" and the truth. The contents of the video fails to show the initial conception of the incident, only the incident after it became physical. I'm with Porkpie on this. However, if the individual was asked to leave after 2 or 3 times and failed to do so, the police should have been called to handle the situation professionally. At no time should they have laid a hand on the individual unless he was a physical threat to the safety to others which I didn't get that impression from what I saw in the partial video of the incident...just my opinion and again, we didn't see the beginning of the incident.

Until you have suffered from what this guy is going through or anyone that needs an animal to help with stress…mental illness etc. then I wouldn’t make comments as to why this man requires a dog. If he has papers for it and anyone has the proper paper work for a dog, if you refuse them service then I wouldn’t come to your establishment and spend any money there.
Things have changed in the past number of years and time for some of the old school thinking and beliefs people have need to learn and adapt as a human everyone has the right to enjoy life just like any normal human being.

Customer failed to produce his permit for the dog because "he doesn't just show his permit to anyone" as he put it. Sorry, but if you had provided the permit there wouldn't have been an issue.

Owners should have let the guy be and contacted police to have him removed. Getting physical with someone over something so silly is beyond stupid. They arent aware that practically everyone has a camera with them?

Both parties made poor decisions. Customer should issue an apology for causing a scene and the owners should apologize for their poor behavior.

All the customer had to do was show the permit instead of being an instigator?

Customer failed to produce his permit for the dog because "he doesn't just show his permit to anyone" as he put it. Sorry, but if you had provided the permit there wouldn't have been an issue.

Owners should have let the guy be and contacted police to have him removed. Getting physical with someone over something so silly is beyond stupid. They arent aware that practically everyone has a camera with thec
Lucky I wasn't there the owners should be looking over his shoulder for the next few year
Both parties made poor decisions. Customer should issue an apology for causing a scene and the owners should apologize for their poor behavior.

All the customer had to do was show the permit instead of being an instigat

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks