thinking spring boat lighting

skinny

looking for ideas for a spot light for on my new to me boat
I'm thinking there maybe few early launches and late returns so I would like to outfit the boat with some lighting so I can see where and what i'm doing

anyone have any good suggestions

led or not
amount of Luminosity
warmth of light (how many k)

Are you looking for something portable, or headlights wired into a switch and connected to the battery?

I was thinking of a mounted set to a switch in dash of boat

@skinny I have a remote unit on my boat. Its only good when you get close to shore line or if there is some type of reflective markers showing where a channel is. They are of no use when out on the water. My light has a duel option of either flood or beam. We make a few runs out on the water at night for evening cruises and when returning at about 1 mile from the channel I turn on the light to get lined up with the channel.

three Bouys so you cant cast a light say like in your car to drive when your out on water
this what i was thinking I would achieve

Does the boat have inboard or outboard motor? You could pickup a set of 12 volt rubber housing halogen headlights and a single pole headlight switch, a fuse holder and some wire fairly inexpensive at princess auto. The headlights i'm talking about are usually found on industrial equipment such as forklifts and come with mounting brackets.

three Bouys so you cant cast a light say like in your car to drive when your out on water
this what i was thinking I would achieve

@ skinny it would be like shining a powerful spotlight in the sky at night time, you need an object for the light beam to hit. However, if you shine it down on the water as you are going you can only see a very very short distance ahead of you.

Back