These guys are doing it.Wow

Those guys don't have Ohio accents, more like Alabama. Where ever it is that is the biggest Walleye I have even seen. How can a pig that full take a Rappala? Maybe full of eggs?

Those guys don't have Ohio accents, more like Alabama. Where ever it is that is the biggest Walleye I have even seen. How can a pig that full take a Rappala? Maybe full of eggs?

According to the title of the video, it seems to be in Lake Erie....there are 13+ lb fish caught down that end fairly often and I know my PB is 13+ out of Nanticoke. They're out there!

Walleye can really get big in Ontario and that's a beauty. I scanned these 2 photos from 35mm photos of a 15.8 lb. hog I caught in 2001 on Wilson Lake near Port Loring. It was 35 inches long with an 18 1/2 inch girth and was at the time and I believe still is the biggest walleye ever caught on that lake. I caught it in 18 fow slow trolling a Rapala fat rap in perch colour using my bow mount electric motor right at first light.

About 10 years ago when coming back to Port Glasgow from perch fishing near Tyrconnell I found a walleye lying on top of the water that had freshly been hit by a boat prop I suspect considering the gash it had in it's side. I estimate it would have weighed close to 20 lbs. and wished after I had pulled it into the boat so I could have taken it home to get a photo. It was the biggest walleye I have personally ever seen. The Ontario record from the Niagara River is 22.25 lbs. so I know they can get that big. It made the one in these photos look small and in the second photo that's a 30 gallon live well in which I had to bend the fish to make it fit.

Big Wally.jpg

Image (6).jpg

Last edited:
A little research and the guy holding the fish at the end is from Kentucky and they were fishing Erie western basin

According to the title of the video, it seems to be in Lake Erie....there are 13+ lb fish caught down that end fairly often and I know my PB is 13+ out of Nanticoke. They're out there!

Yes it was definitely Erie and they definitely weren't from Ohio. I have heard of bigger Erie Pics I just haven't seen any bigger than 12 myself. I only started fishing for them a few years back here on Erie, maybe this year.

Cattabawa Ohio was hog heaven last weekend.People travel huge distances this time of year to troll for eyes.Same as the Detroit river,the first two or three weeks of the jig bite you have a very good chance of hooking a 10 to 14lb fish.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks