Thermocline at 40'?

quackers

Was trolling for awhile Monday with the sensitivity on the HDS5 maxed out from perch fishing. Was marking what I assume was the thermocline at 40'. Most of the chatter on the radio was catching fish at 35-45' down in 56'-60' of water. Caught 1 pic trolling on the dipsey down about 35' in the first couple of hours out. Left and went perching for a couple hours which was a sand trolled again in the afternoon til 4:30. Picked up 3 more walleye and 1 bow. 2 eyes on 8 colour and copper pink panties, and 1 on the rigger RR blue/silver on 4 colour down 20ft on the ball. Bow was on a dipsey watermelon/copper dipsey on 3 back 125.
Hit a spot 8 or so miles east of Burwell where the surface temp was 78-79 and that's where the fish were, closer to Burwell was 74-75.
Interesting afternoon on the radio. There was a lady fishing off Burwell asking on 68 about slot sizes and limits. She got answers from both sides of the boarder with arguments ensuing between the advice givers, not realizing they were quoting regs from different sides of the border:D. Listened to guys talking on the radio perching out of Ashtabula Ohio and could hear Port Glasgow marina clear as a bell.
Anyways seems early for the fish to be deep and marking the thermocline at 40'

Perching was good, not "sand", board won't let me log on to edit for some reason but can log on to post with login each time?
Went to a good spot east of Burwell and had 2 limits in a couple of hours :D

Its the little details that put fish in the boat... ;)

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks