Off Topic The wail of a Loon off Port Bruce this morning

Get Hooked

My Nephew and I was out of NE Marina and around 1130am while in 61fow we heard that distinct wail of a Loon. It was likely 150ft off our Port side and my Nephew tried to get a decent PIC of it while the boat was bobbing and will try to get it from him to Post. I have never heard of a Loon in Lake Erie. Quite exciting to hear and see. When we got back to Port I told the lady at the Marina and she said there has been 2 around.

Anybody else with Loon sightings?

The east end of Lake Erie, including the upper Niagara river is over-run with loons. Almost as many as cormorants this year.

My Nephew and I was out of NE Marina and around 1130am while in 61fow we heard that distinct wail of a Loon. It was likely 150ft off our Port side and my Nephew tried to get a decent PIC of it while the boat was bobbing and will try to get it from him to Post. I have never heard of a Loon in Lake Erie. Quite exciting to hear and see. When we got back to Port I told the lady at the Marina and she said there has been 2 around.

Anybody else with Loon sightings?
Didn't see them, but earlier this season while sitting on the pier (May into early June) I definitely heard a couple loons out there somewhere calling to each other.

From my vantage point on the bluffs west of Clear Creek I've heard Loons out on the lake but more so during the Spring or Fall migration.

Big water, lots of food ?

Never encountered any on Erie yet, but they and their offspring were definitely highlights for the family and I up on Oxtongue Lake over the years. 🌻

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks