Off Topic The things you find in second hand shops.

Trevor M

My wife and I were out and about for a while today and we stopped at a couple of the local thrift shops just for something to do. First one I didn't find anything, but the second one they had a fishing rod and reel combo they were selling for $20.99 before tax. I have the same rod and reel combo (rarely use it tho, in fact I'm not sure I've ever used it after I bought it) and I only paid $15 for it at Walmart brand new, so I let them know that at this particular thrift shop.

The nice person I told said rather sheepishly, "oh :oops:" and went out and took it off their shelf and put it in the back. Betcha it's back out on their shelf tomorrow with the same price tag on it that was on it today :ROFLMAO:

I'm not one for buying used stuff, but on the other hand I'm not apposed to buying a rare find at a good price. 😁
My wife usually finds something, but I rarely find anything and buy it, but once in a while it happens. Maybe a movie/war documentary once in a while that I don't already have, ( I have close to if not over 500 hours of war documentaries in my movie collection) or a game. IE yesterday in a different store I did find a chess set so I bought it. Nothing fancy and it only cost me $6.

They have the right to make money on items they sell. If someone gives them that, it's all good. If it doesn't move, they reduce. That's how it works.

I haven’t gone thrifting in some time haha
I used to always hit up the pawn shops with my grandpa

I haven’t gone thrifting in some time haha
I used to always hit up the pawn shops with my grandpa
Time to time I'll stop in to take a look around especially if I'm in different towns.....Damm they want dear money for their items.

If pawn shops are your thing the meca hub of pawn shops has to be Flint Michigan. 😮

Time to time I'll stop in to take a look around especially if I'm in different towns.....Damm they want dear money for their items.

If pawn shops are your thing the meca hub of pawn shops has to be Flint Michigan. 😮
I’m going to have to check them out next time I go to Michigan for some shopping

My wife and I don't go to the ones here in London as much as we used to. We tend to find more, and better prices in other cities ie Hamilton, Brantford, Kitchener, Cambridge, Sarnia, Chatham than we do the ones here more often than we don't. She's constantly commenting on how much the prices have gone up in the stores here in London and that some of what they're selling you can buy brand new for cheaper.

I just shrug my shoulders and say "ok" 🤷‍♂️

She's talking ladies fashions and clothes, (like I would understand what she's talking about) I just tell her if it looks good on her or not and I NEVER look at the men's clothes. I don't need anymore. My little space in the closet (about 2 ft of 15) is already full as are the 3 dresser drawers (of the 12 we have) that my clothes are in. All I EVER look at is the kitchen stuff, (never bought anything tho) the movies, (sometimes I'll find something I don't already have but wanted, but it's very rare) the electronics (never bought anything) and any furniture and/or outdoors type stuff they might have. (rarely find anything)

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks