Off Topic The season is almost done🦆🦆

Three Bouys

R.O.C. (Radio Operator's Certificate)
My duck season is almost done with only two more days left for me.
Brandon and his friend joined us this morning to hunt from out of the Unit down here this morning.
At one point we had a small flock decoyed really nice and we knocked down 5 of them. After an astonding late season hunt in 4 hrs we manage to bag or limit of 18 Canvasback ducks.
Onto the next venture next week (Jan 10th) I’ll be on some island that I don’t know where I’m going in the Bahamas. All I have to do is fly from Toronto to Nassau and from there I’ll be picked up and taken to a smaller plane to get to the island. At least that’s the understanding I’m led to believe 😂
I’m sure some of ya’s know how much I like catching pike here, but down there all I want is some Barracuda to catch.
Hoping there will be internet connection or some type of wifi that’s available to post my daily ventures.

IMG_6312.jpeg
IMG_0425.jpegIMG_0420.jpeg

Sheet….. I thought duck season closed on the 20th LOL, here I see it’s on January 7th now…. That tells you the last time I was out in the marsh. I really ought to get back at it, I always enjoyed late season hunts!! Up north and kids are whacking wabbits instead!

Attachments

• 95D00F26-99CD-4FEA-A9AC-AF7594882960.jpeg
    95D00F26-99CD-4FEA-A9AC-AF7594882960.jpeg
    292 KB · Views: 53
@Three Bouys... That's some good hunting and good eats there Jim. 👍 Many years ago when I used to hunt ducks and geese a lot a used to do them up quite often with duck a l'orange recipe. My son who was 8-10 at the time just crazy how much he liked them like that. We were eating some for supper one time and my father-in-law said to him boy you really like them eh? My young son said "oh yeah I love it I could eat a whole flock!" 🤭😆

@Three Bouys... That's some good hunting and good eats there Jim. 👍 Many years ago when I used to hunt ducks and geese a lot a used to do them up quite often with duck a l'orange recipe. My son who was 8-10 at the time just crazy how much he liked them like that. We were eating some for supper one time and my father-in-law said to him boy you really like them eh? My young son said "oh yeah I love it I could eat a whole flock!" 🤭😆
@Wave Runner Canvasbacks are at the top of every duck hunters list to shoot.
We did up 4 breasts last night for a quick snack due to too much close shooting and the rest of the bird wasn’t salvageable.
All Brandon did while I was vacuum sealing was coated them with Montreal Steak spice then on the smoker @ 220 high smoke for about 30-40 mins then on the bbq high heat to help melt the fat through the meat. We left the skin on it.
If I gave you a piece you would have said that’s the most tenderest, juicy, piece of steak. No duck flavour at all
As for today’s action …..nada…. North wind, clear skies and no ducks flying so we called it and came in around 1:00 ish.
@stomp I’m in my layout boat patiently waiting and noticed my decoys had your similar system,,,post nasal drip, but it was freezing before it hit the water 😂😂😂
IMG_0435.jpegIMG_6328.jpeg

I haven't been hunting the bay all that long, but this is the first I've heard of a 3-man limit of cans. I've probably killed less than 6 in my years chasing ducks out there. Congrats!!

I haven't been hunting the bay all that long, but this is the first I've heard of a 3-man limit of cans. I've probably killed less than 6 in my years chasing ducks out there. Congrats!!
@anonymoose we could of limited out on Redheads Wednesday but we passed on them for another time. The boys were back at it again yesterday as @Brandon S mentioned or maybe to rub my nose in it because I had to leave…..priorities first.
But they did send this video to me on the Reds coming in but selected a Can.
Warning…foul language!!! Dam kids!!! Must be their mothers side coming out of them😂

View attachment F6DE9F7F-2B39-47B5-94D1-6C2CE8A658B2.mov

@anonymoose we could of limited out on Redheads Wednesday but we passed on them for another time. The boys were back at it again yesterday as @Brandon S mentioned or maybe to rub my nose in it because I had to leave…..priorities first.
Warning…foul language!!! Dam kids!!! Must be their mothers side coming out of them😂

View attachment 83164
Nice shot!!

View attachment 83164
Have a good safe trip Jim... I'd be in a hurry for warm temps and a couple beers too... ;)

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks