The right boots for the job

spal

On yesterdays ice fishing trip, I had the pleasure of testing out a pair of Cofra Thermic boots and I must say I am impressed. The only thing worse than not catching fish out there is having cold feet. A rigid 100 percent metal free linerless boot that has plenty of traction, double polyurethane thermal insulation good to - 58 F - 50C, composite toe, safety rated and waterproof. These Italian made boots are not only comfortable, but super light. I was on the ice for 10 hours and for the first time this year did not get cold feet. I bought them at TSC for 100.00 half off, well worth the investment.653010_z.jpg

I have a pair of those boots. They do keep you warm but I found the no give in them was hard on the feet as they rubbed and didn't form to your feet....

I have a pair of those boots. They do keep you warm but I found the no give in them was hard on the feet as they rubbed and didn't form to your feet....
They do work better than crocs for ice fishing lol.

After years of wearing styrofoam shoes 1/2 inch thick anything would seem stiff. :D:D:D

@stomp, it must be an inside joke thing, but whats the deal with you and crocs?
crocs... well, that's a long story @fish17, but not an inside joke... if you're new to 6-8 you may have missed several years of healthy? debate over the worthiness of crocs as a fishing/boating shoe and their merits as a fashion:ROFLMAO: statement. Seems to be 2 camps here... I try my best to stay out of it:smuggrin:.

crocs... well, that's a long story @fish17, but not an inside joke... if you're new to 6-8 you may have missed several years of healthy? debate over the worthiness of crocs as a fishing/boating shoe and their merits as a fashion:ROFLMAO: statement. Seems to be 2 camps here... I try my best to stay out of it:smuggrin:.
Stay out of it>? You @stomp are the main and founding culprit of this!:D:eek:

Last edited by a moderator:
@stomp, it must be an inside joke thing, but whats the deal with you and crocs?

Please no, don't go there!! A book is being turned into a screenplay and a movie is in the works according to TMZ. The working title is " Stomping The World In Unfashionable Footwear" or " Loosing A Bet, A Modern Bromance ".

I have those same boots. They are the best boots I've ever had ! Haven't had cold feet yet!

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks