Off Topic The Miracle of Life

hvyhaul

My eldest is presently fostering an expectant Northern Ontario rescue for the Humane Society near her.

Last night she experienced a whelping for the first time ..... all night long and to a Vet's for the final four pups after it stalled.

She's exhausted but enjoying mommy and ten healthy pups.

life.jpg

My eldest is presently fostering an expectant Northern Ontario rescue for the Humane Society near her.

Last night she experienced a whelping for the first time ..... all night long and to a Vet's for the final four pups after it stalled.

She's exhausted but enjoying mommy and ten healthy pups.

View attachment 35684
WOW!!!...Did you have to bring the herd home from the Vet in the back of your transport. 😁

No Bob, :LOL:, this guy was sound asleep in his home, it was all daughter in hers.

This habit/practice all started many years ago when she worked in an Oakville vet's practice.

She brought this little guy home for a long weekend as the vet figured he was so sick and weak he'd be gone before it was over.

strt.jpg

Well he survived the weekend. When the vet told the breeder, the breeder said your assistant likely saved his life, so he is hers.

Little bugger lived 15 or 16 years, and the heart is really part of his marking.

This is the only picture of Stuart I have but the heart marking is for real.

My wingman, Wolf, almost 15yrs, passed a couple of months ago. Wolf/Shepard mix, I wouldn't suggest or promote a hybrid such as him, but smartest and best hound I've ever had. He new my next moves before I did.
Wife and I have raised so many great dogs over the yrs, we're older now, no, just old now, decided to not get another dog right away.
Made it almost a month, empty nester's, the house was just to quite, so we now have Emmy, 7 week old King Shep/Great Pyrenees cross? Always kept Shepard's and dog's here are expected to work for there keep?
Only posting cause those pup's are so cute, and they'll become 8 weeks old, and become little terrorist.
It's hell on boot's and shoe's, but it's a riot!
Dog's Rule

Yah. This little girl is a great chair warmer.

Attachments

• IMG_20201221_114150.jpg
    IMG_20201221_114150.jpg
    128 KB · Views: 10
We lost our dog recently . Really miss him went everywhere I did and as Can't miss mentioned he also new what I was going to do often before I did . .
We have been looking at the rescue sites some of them seem very complicated and the information is not always up to date . Can any one recommend a good rescue site or group or possibly some one with pups to sell at a reasonable price? I will not support the back yard dog breeders looking for $1000 plus for a dog/pup.
We own a farm , dogs goes were I go , lives with us in the house , just looking for a good companion .
Thanks !

My Daughter & Wife when she was alive used to foster for UglieMutes Dog rescue in Hamilton... My daughter still has one of the dogs she was fostering.... they called it a foster gone wrong because she was only to foster the dog not own it LOL Check them out if you are interested My wife and her fostered may dogs never knew what was at home when l came home LOL

Spoke to my daughter about the pups today........

She'll continue to have the mother and pups for a number of weeks, then the pups go to individual foster homes, and then at around 12 weeks they'll get everything including spay/neutering and shots and be up for adoption.

From what she understands, the cost out the door for a pup is in the $450 range.

what breed are they

My understanding is a Husky mix. I met the mother when the fostering started, but have never seen the pups in person.

But I do/will get pictures at least each week showing their growth.

Last edited:
Oh I love puppies so much! I just wanna play with them and let them chew on my hands with those little needles in their mouths..
I’m not sure what the regular is but I took my Stella home when she was just 6 weeks old.

Oh I love puppies so much! I just wanna play with them and let them chew on my hands with those little needles in their mouths..
I’m not sure what the regular is but I took my Stella home when she was just 6 weeks old.

Cali 4.jpgYup @Derkd9 they are truly the best. Here's ours near the beginning of the journey.

I have begun to see that we're getting closer to the end of the walk, and it is really gonna suck.

@hvyhaul its so sad I hate thinking about it.. Stella’s getting there too,
I have to help her get on the couch,
She limps when a weather system is coming because of the arthritis,
She always used to lay on the bed while at work, but she can’t even jump into the bed anymore...
not that I miss the mouth full of dog hair when I go to bed, but I know I will one day soon.

Hey @hvyhaul you should keep them all then you'll have a whole team of huskies to pull the ice fishing sled with your gear and you around the lake. 🤩 That is if we ever get some ice. :)

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks