The Flats?

GreatWhiteFisherman

Hey guys I have heard a lot of people talking about fishing the flats and being successful. I am planning on heading out on Wednesday and was wondering where the flats are? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

I've always thought the flats to be on the Millionaire's (south) side of the North Channel, east of EC10 and Thoroughfare Pt., west of the first sandbar (Pottohawk). Look for sandy bottom and fewer weed puffs. Also, consider trying in the Channel itself and Deep Hole Pt.. Good luck.

I fish the flats all the time for the smaller bass. I prefer the smaller bass but you will get a the odd large one. Depending on which way the wind is blowing I like to start a drift in the 6-7' range near Pottahawk and drift towards the Long Point Company up to 4-5' depth.

image.jpg

Thanks a lot guys. We usually fish near the channel. We have also fished that area referred to as the flats. I had just never heard them referred to as that. I appreciate all your help gentlemen.

I've always thought the flats to be on the Millionaire's (south) side of the North Channel, east of EC10 and Thoroughfare Pt., west of the first sandbar (Pottohawk). Look for sandy bottom and fewer weed puffs. Also, consider trying in the Channel itself and Deep Hole Pt.. Good luck.
That's where I call the flats too Stomp

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks