Fishing Report The elbow gave us the finger 06-23

G.Mech

R.O.C. (Radio Operator's Certificate)
Fished the shoal, Peacock Point, and the elbow from noon-3pm with a friend and again from 4- 7 pm with my son yesterday and things were fairly tough. There are mountains of bait everywhere so not a lot of fish were interested in eating our tackle I guess. We brought home six nice rainbows for the smoker but didn't see any walleye at all. Water temps are 64° out deeper and 66 in shallower water. Riggers and dipsies did the best, the lead core was pretty much useless.

Attachments

• PXL_20230623_154638536.jpg
    PXL_20230623_154638536.jpg
    287.6 KB · Views: 36
Was out yesterday as well at nanticoke.. More trout then you could shake a stick at,dozens! Only 1 walleye boated of the 2 that decided to play & 1coho... and more trout. All on Short 2,3&4 core and small high running dipsys. Riggers only did 1 fish the whole run for us..pretty much useless. Lol.

Was out yesterday as well at nanticoke.. More trout then you could shake a stick at,dozens! Only 1 walleye boated of the 2 that decided to play & 1coho... and more trout. All on Short 2,3&4 core and small high running dipsys. Riggers only did 1 fish the whole run for us..pretty much useless. Lol.
It's really strange out there right now. We ran some stuff up high for quite a while without success and most came from 25+ feet down. I didn't run any short cores though, I left my 3's at home in favour of 5's & 6's which did nothing. Very strange this year, I have never had trouble catching walleye and avoiding trout but can't get it dialed in for some reason. Other guys are getting walleye in the same areas we are fishing on the same gear yet they are avoiding me. I can't smoke any more trout, I've already done enough to last me a lifetime! It is still nice fishing so close to home though, I haven't done much down this way for a couple of years.

It's really strange out there right now. We ran some stuff up high for quite a while without success and most came from 25+ feet down. I didn't run any short cores though, I left my 3's at home in favour of 5's & 6's which did nothing. Very strange this year, I have never had trouble catching walleye and avoiding trout but can't get it dialed in for some reason. Other guys are getting walleye in the same areas we are fishing on the same gear yet they are avoiding me. I can't smoke any more trout, I've already done enough to last me a lifetime! It is still nice fishing so close to home though, I haven't done much down this way for a couple of years.
Thos is from today

Attachments

• 20230624_100828.jpg
    20230624_100828.jpg
    295.9 KB · Views: 28
  • 20230624_093121.jpg
    20230624_093121.jpg
    224 KB · Views: 28
Fished the shoal, Peacock Point, and the elbow from noon-3pm with a friend and again from 4- 7 pm with my son yesterday and things were fairly tough. There are mountains of bait everywhere so not a lot of fish were interested in eating our tackle I guess. We brought home six nice rainbows for the smoker but didn't see any walleye at all. Water temps are 64° out deeper and 66 in shallower water. Riggers and dipsies did the best, the lead core was pretty much useless.
Hi. Wherenis this 'elbow" can you please explain? Thanks

Hi. Wherenis this 'elbow" can you please explain? Thanks
There are maps posted in this thread...

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks