Fishing Report The Elbow and Port Dover Friday 13th

Three Bouys

R.O.C. (Radio Operator's Certificate)
My son wanted to try some Walleye fishing at the Elbow and slip over to Dover yesterday.
He has never been out there fishing and I haven’t been there this year with the Wellcraft.
I got everything set up for him and shortly after that it’s fish on. He grabbed the pole and started reeling it in or maybe I should say winching it in like 90 mph. By the time I said to slow down he lost it. Lesson learned now to reel easy. I got the next hit and we actually got it in the boat. We went 3 for 4 for being there only 3 hours.
Then packed it in and slipped over the Dover for Friday 13th. We got stopped by the OPP right out front for a Safety Inspection. Joking the one OPP asked about fishing and I showed him 1 and he said he had to conviscate it. I told him he would have to arm wrestle me before I gave it up. Everything was all good and back to Long Point at 12:30.

6C25C4C7-8B24-45C5-BE73-0487781C756B.jpeg

Nice fish Jim.....what was the successful bait and numbers? We tried the area for the better part of 4 hours last week, didn't mark much and had a single rod go off. It was a bow. We fished 45 to 85 fow using a SE basic heading from Dover and NW back. We had planned to try the Lighthouse area next but deferred to Burwell because we felt more confident we could catch a few fish. Easier to stay in home waters so long as we are rewarded with some fish for the table. Albert kept the 7-8 pound Bow for his brother.

Nice fish Jim.....what was the successful bait and numbers? We tried the area for the better part of 4 hours last week, didn't mark much and had a single rod go off. It was a bow. We fished 45 to 85 fow using a SE basic heading from Dover and NW back. We had planned to try the Lighthouse area next but deferred to Burwell because we felt more confident we could catch a few fish. Easier to stay in home waters so long as we are rewarded with some fish for the table. Albert kept the 7-8 pound Bow for his brother.
Sorry Arne. Forgot to mention that. We were using worm harnesses. I’d let them out approx 35’-40’ added a 2 oz weight then out to 80-100’ all on the planer boards. All fish were stacked up high on the sonar. Nothing below 40’. Took along some lead core rods and never used them.

Sorry Arne. Forgot to mention that. We were using worm harnesses. I’d let them out approx 35’-40’ added a 2 oz weight then out to 80-100’ all on the planer boards. We fished from 70’-90’ of water but we were approx 4-5 miles from the lighthouse. All fish were stacked up high on the sonar. Nothing below 40’. Took along some lead core rods and never used them.

Sorry Arne. Forgot to mention that. We were using worm harnesses. I’d let them out approx 35’-40’ added a 2 oz weight then out to 80-100’ all on the planer boards. We fished from 70’-90’ of water but we were approx 4-5 miles from the lighthouse. All fish were stacked up high on the sonar. Nothing below 40’. Took along some lead core rods and never used them.
Thanks Jim.......We never tried worm harnesses the day we fished the Elbow but I shall next time out.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks