The day from hell on ERIE

Helmut

What a bust of a day. Launched out of Bruce at 9pm. Straight out to 50 feet and marking some good hooks at 35 ft.
Only went out with 2 lead core rods and perch rods in case the bite was bad.
Planer boards out and rods loaded by 930.
Had 3 hard knock offs on starboard side in a row. 5 colors out with gold rippling redfin
Port side had silver and black redfin.
While tending to the starboard for the 3 time wife says whats with other rod. Turned to look and all was well. Suddenly she screams the rod is gone!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!.:devil::devil::devil:
Yup it's gone 300 bucks floats away. How in the world did that get yanked out of the rocket launcher:eek:
So we trolled with one rod. Switched to greasy chicken and something hammers it hard but gets away.
The shad flies were so bad the boat looked like a crime scene with all the squashed bugs our cloths were just covered with bug slime too.:yuck:
Oh well on the bright side the boat didn't sink :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

I don't want to push the like button because there's not much to like with what happened. I feel for you, sounds like one of my early outings this year. 2 trips $2500.00 in damage.

I almost had the same thing happen last week. I heard a splash and luckily put 2 and 2 together quickly and was able to grab it by the tip on the way down. WTP what happened that was 2500 worth of damage ?

Haha just one of those days that goes sideways. Begining to think the millions of flies carried it away:barefoot:
Thats a lot of damage you had WTP

Helmut, hard to figure out how that happens. In my case I was lucky enough to have a tight clip on the planer board and was able to recover the rod.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks