The best deckhand on the north shore!

B-N

Left Burwell at 6:30, ran straight south to 60'. Dipsy fired instantly, 3.5 back 80' on a white toad KO jab. It didn't slow down from there, 3,4 and 5 colour all caught fish (5 colour likely did a little better than the others). Crater face, hot tamale, monkey puke, ham n seeds and anti-freeze spot did the trick (all KO jabs).
We had 23 fish in the boat at 10 am, but had to work hard for the last one! Finally pulled all the rods at 11 am. Talking to some guys at dock it sounded like yesterday was pretty hot and the fishing hasn't slowed down! My nephew ran the spread pretty good, if the kid is as good with the ladies as he is Walleye he is gonna have it made in the shade!

july31fishin01.jpg

Great report B-N.
Have you caught any on the riggers or were you only using dipsy and leadcore lines?
And were the KO lures you've used copper or silver back?

Cheers,
Ice Fisherman

Ice Fisherman

Mostly silver, except the crater face.

No riggers on the boat, IMHO there are more productive areas to concentrate the fishing funds on. Besides they just get in the way on a walleye boat, trout and salmon are totally different. However, if Santa brings big brother a speed and temp probe you will see a rigger mounted ASAP.

Thanks B-N.
Just ordered some of those KO lures from their web site...lets see how well they catch eyes on Erie8D Will fully test them over 4 days and nights in August.

But their shipping rates are outrageous for sure...shipping 5 lures with cheapest Canada Post service surely does NOT cost $13 no matter what...shipping essentially doubled the otherwise good prices...put the real cost of those lures and the real shipping charges and let everyone decide if they are worth it....advertising cheaper prices and making extra profits on the shipping charges is old tactic.,...doubt I'll order again from them with those shipping rates, but grudgingly did it this one time, so I can try them[:(!]:0

Cheers,
Ice Fisherman

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks