Fishing Report The banana theory. Aug 24/19 burwell

Minnownite

Finally got 3 of my brother in law's out this morning. Lines in at 7. Out at 9 as 2 of us were getting a little nauseous. 2 lead out 7 color. 1 dipsys on 3. 101' back. 2 riggers one at 25 one at 30. All produced. Gold and chrome rrf. 1 husky jerk fire tiger. And 2 spoons. One watermelon and no idea what the other one was lol. Oh. And in 50-55 fow. Straight out

Now. Bananas. I am somewhat of a believer on the banana theory. However today was interesting. I normally say, bring food and water and your good to go. No bananas. Today one ate a banana for breakfast. One had banana muffins. And one had a banana milk shake. Is this only true to whole intact bananas or anything Banana related or? Lol. Just found it funny how they all tried to sneak something in. Still ended with 15 in the box! In only 2 hr.

Finally got 3 of my brother in law's out this morning. Lines in at 7. Out at 9 as 2 of us were getting a little nauseous. 2 lead out 7 color. 1 dipsys on 3. 101' back. 2 riggers one at 25 one at 30. All produced. Gold and chrome rrf. 1 husky jerk fire tiger. And 2 spoons. One watermelon and no idea what the other one was lol. Oh. And in 50-55 fow. Straight out

Now. Bananas. I am somewhat of a believer on the banana theory. However today was interesting. I normally say, bring food and water and your good to go. No bananas. Today one ate a banana for breakfast. One had banana muffins. And one had a banana milk shake. Is this only true to whole intact bananas or anything Banana related or? Lol. Just found it funny how they all tried to sneak something in. Still ended with 15 in the box! In only 2 hr.
Non of my fishing friends had ever heard about the banana theory until I told them. Almost 20 yrs. ago I was on a Charter in Hawaii and someone brought a bunch of bananas and set them on the table. When the bait person saw them, he went ballistic. Get those bananas off the boat before the Captain sees them. He said the Captain might not even go if he sees the bananas. Bananas were left on the dock. Google bananas on a fishing boat and you will read some interesting stories.

I wasnt producing as much as I had been earlier tbis month. Marking tons of fish watching other boats landing fish. Found a bottle of bannana boat sun screen in a storage compartment from when i took my kids for a ride. Tossed the can, caught more fish.

20 years of fall steelheading my buddy has a banana around 9 o'clock every trip because he is diabetic. Never had an issue hitting fish as long as they were there.

Wear my banana suit all the time ???????

Attachments

• 2AB86532-BCAD-492B-8704-74B464791B3A.jpeg
    2AB86532-BCAD-492B-8704-74B464791B3A.jpeg
    50.3 KB · Views: 14
Hey @Minnownite they will probably be the hottest lures in your box this year. Even walleye like a little dessert with their meals every once in awhile. :D:cool: Oh I might add I don't believe in the banana theory... it's all a bunch of bananas just another fisherman's excuse for bad fishing. ?

Last edited:
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks