Thanks from another New Member

Fish Tank

Just wanted to say Hi and a couple big thanks both for letting me join and for all the people who post so much great information...its refreshing to see people share. Because of the things I've learned on here I am venturing down to the Detroit River today which is something I wouldn't have done had I not been able to read so much about it on here.

Thanks again...and I am from the Barrie area and run an unpainted 18' Kingfisher tiller " Fish Tank" and would enjoy meeting anyone who is in the area.

IMG_0722.JPG Thanks TCat. Sorry not to reply sooner. Had a great time on the river. I did take my fair weather fisherman with me so we were on the water from 11 am until 4 pm every day which we all know is perfect walleye time. Lol. But I did manage a number of fish and a couple decent one.

Thanks Stomp. And thanks again to everyone on here as I wouldn't have ventured down there without the confidence that came from what I read on here. All my fish came in a 1/2 ounce jig head with chartreuse powerbait minnows. Just took a little time to figure out that current and keeping the line vertical. I found most of the fish came when I let the line get a little away from the boat. wondered if the boat was spooking them. Just a thought.

Congrats! I haven't fished the river yet. I have noticed when I catch walleye while perch fishing it's always when I pull up the anchor to drift to a new spot...thought it was the movement but could be the separation from the boat.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks