Fishing Report Thames river

Puddle Jumper

Had day off

A buddy suggested I go with him to Thames river near Chattam today .

Fished from 9:30 -2:30
Fished 17-19 fow marked lots of fish
Had a few hits ...but nothing for us
Another guy got a white perch 100 yards and a decent yellow perch 40 yards from us .

On our way in . Saw something on ice 300 yards away ...walked over too find a unicorn frozen into ice20220211_131022.jpg20220211_131319.jpg20220211_141250.jpg

If I’m reading the pic correctly… you are like 20-30 feet from the drop off.. (or drop up). You are close to the bend In the river?

How was the ice down there
We are heading that way next Friday to hopefully get something
It was solid 6" + 1 " frozen slush on top
By end of day there was 3/4 " of water on top

There were some sketchy looking spots while driving along river ...but I'm not familiar with area as this was first time down there

Thanks
I checked the weather and there is a big warm up coming for down there and a ton of rain this week
So fingers are crossed forcast will cbange

If I’m reading the pic correctly… you are like 20-30 feet from the drop off.. (or drop up). You are close to the bend In the river?
I think so ...first time there

My friends buddy (regularly fishes that spot)said there was a 25 ' hole very close ....there was another hut 250 yards away ...most likely on it . We had 19 fow were we first set up ...but decided to set up closer to far shoreline in 17 ....had steady action on flasher

Just couldn't get them

The Bothwell and Wardsville areas have alot of rapid's along that stretch with steep banks.I wonder where a good spot would be to try through the ice.Big Bend Conservation Area maybe ?

The Bothwell and Wardsville areas have alot of rapid's along that stretch with steep banks.I wonder where a good spot would be to try through the ice.Big Bend Conservation Area maybe ?
I don't really know where we went ...I'm not familiar with area and didn't drive

It was out in Country , but could see houses along the river . Up stream.

We parked on side of road and went out were a drainage ditch came in ...banks not steep at all ...but otherside of river was steep

I don't really know where we went ...I'm not familiar with area and didn't drive

It was out in Country , but could see houses along the river . Up stream.

We parked on side of road and went out were a drainage ditch came in ...banks not steep at all ...but otherside of river was steep
Head up to prairie siding..you'll see it on map or Google.and you'll see the fishermen.its close to lake.

Back