Off Topic Thames River walleye

Fishboss

Hey now that ice fishing season is done im interested in trying the Thames out for some eyes where is a good place to start? Any info is much appreciated thanks.

From research I've done komoka seems like a good place to start, is there good parking? How long is the River walleye season?

Zone 16 Walleye and Sauger combined Season: January 1 to March 15 and second Saturday in May to December 31 Limits: S-4 and C-2; not more than 1 greater than 46 cm.

If you're going to Komoka, if it's too busy there, head towards Delaware and try under the bridge by the racetrack or south of it where the river bends. I'm told that's been a good spot.

..I see some vehicles parked by Veteran's Memorial in London....anybody having any luck there??
I've never heard of any walleye being caught in that area. Bass, but not walleye, something about them not being able to get past the dam at Labatts. But I have heard of them being caught at the Labatt's dam along with some rainbows periodically, but being I can't go stand on the side of a river anymore, I can't test that information.

As I've said so many times before. I know where to go, I just can't get to it, or if it's out in the lake, I can't cast that far and other people keep winning the lottery that aren't me, so I still can't have that boat I want.:(:cry:

I’ve never fished walleye in the Thames
What kind of baits are we tossin ?

Great. (Insert sarcastic eye roll emoji). Now we'll get even more morons using multiple rods on our creeks and rivers during the trout, walleye runs. "But I'm fishing for carp."
I mostly fish carp. I’m glad we finally got the 3 rod rule. I’m sure some guys will break the rules but they will get caught eventually. Need to use carp specific baits, can’t toss out 3 rods with minnows on the end.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks