Thames River Eyes

Three Bouys

R.O.C. (Radio Operator's Certificate)
One of my co-workers ask me to put this up for him. He picked these two beauties up today fishing on the Thames just up from Lighthouse Cove.

IMG_0261.jpg

Now this has me wondering why would I drive all the way to Callandar, stay in a motel, go out on the ice a few miles in the frigid cold wind only to catch walleyes under the slot size :confused::confused:

I'm thinking brother bonding is better on the Thames and closer to home. :sneaky:(y)

wow, i would have never thought it would be that frozen so far up the river, my daughter iced her first last season perhaps 200 meters behind him.
Pic as my avatar
Nice catch, guess it time to head back perhaps next weekend.

Did he mention the thickness of ice along that stretch ?

wow, i would have never thought it would be that frozen so far up the river, my daughter iced her first last season perhaps 200 meters behind him.
Pic as my avatar
Nice catch, guess it time to head back perhaps next weekend.

Did he mention the thickness of ice along that stretch ?

@smokey1 he said 4" of ice at 19 fow

Yes, at the mouth of Lake St Clair. And, imagine, no Commercial fishing on that lake and way less industry too, meaning a healthier specimen for table fare!!!!!!!!!!

@stomp will Mrs. Stomp let you take a road trip and maybe join us sometime between the 23rd & 26th? We have cancelled the Nipissing venture.

@stomp will Mrs. Stomp let you take a road trip and maybe join us sometime between the 23rd & 26th? We have cancelled the Nipissing venture.
Well, I'll need written approval, of course...:hurting:. Is it even worth fishing with Kirby? U know he's gonna catch all the biggest fish.

Thx Three Bouys, guess i will walk,

it will be a heck of a hill to push my portable up from the south side of river in that area.

But the weather looks warm saturday perhaps i will just bear it for the few hours that bite is on.

Well, I'll need written approval, of course...:hurting:. Is it even worth fishing with Kirby? U know he's gonna catch all the biggest fish.
I think you and I have the advantage over him. We were taught by the best jigging guy down there @big rod

Hey @Three Bouys ........ the boys and I are heading up tomorrow , I will let you know how we make out , if you go up there , go to the spot where you started driving the striper when we went musky fishing , about where that cut comes out to the river right in front of the sign out in the middle of the river is a good spot !.........................apps

Hey @Three Bouys ........ the boys and I are heading up tomorrow , I will let you know how we make out , if you go up there , go to the spot where you started driving the striper when we went musky fishing , about where that cut comes out to the river right in front of the sign out in the middle of the river is a good spot !.........................apps
@apps thamks. I was wondering about that area. I remembered how deep that area was. Might have a problem driving on those back roads turning left right or was it right then left or go down two intersections. You had me lost:ROFLMAO:. But we will find it. Let me know.

@apps thamks. I was wondering about that area. I remembered how deep that area was. Might have a problem driving on those back roads turning left right or was it right then left or go down two intersections. You had me lost:ROFLMAO:. But we will find it. Let me know.

@Three Bouys .......well to confuse you just a little more instead of going straight down to end where boat was , stay to the left and go to the end of that street it will take you right to the sign on the corner , if we get any tomorrow I will text you or pic message you !! ...................apps

Back