Thames at the cove?

Rankulizer82

How good is the ice? Any body catchin nice walleye or big pike? Thinkin of headin that way tomorrow

How good is the ice? Any body catchin nice walleye or big pike? Thinkin of headin that way tomorrow

We were there yesterday , ice is good but fishing was slow .....slow , slow !!!! We have been fishing there pretty hard last couple weeks and things have been slow only seen the odd one caught , hope it pick up soon !!............apps

Going that way again in the morning, more towards praire siding, marked a bunch last weekend but im thinking fish thought my bait was already taken from the gargantuan minnows i aquired.

Will definitely be sizing down the bait tomorrow in hopes of icing a few , as the fishing has been hot for some.

So we hit the river at 8 km at sun up and my buddy got a nice lil three pounder and the older fella beside us pulled up a nice big eye. Probly 40 guys out there then around 10:30 mostly everyone left the area. Lots of cat fish. Still better than sittin on the couch.

We were there yesterday , ice is good but fishing was slow .....slow , slow !!!! We have been fishing there pretty hard last couple weeks and things have been slow only seen the odd one caught , hope it pick up soon !!............apps

Going that way again in the morning, more towards praire siding, marked a bunch last weekend but im thinking fish thought my bait was already taken from the gargantuan minnows i aquired.

Will definitely be sizing down the bait tomorrow in hopes of icing a few , as the fishing has been hot for some.

Hey @apps slow isn't the word. I've been down there Friday and Saturday. Heading back down again today for the afternoon bite and going to be there Monday and Tuesday as well. Maybe we can bump into each other. Text me when you are going.

@smokey1 I fished at Praire siding on Friday and never seen a walleye caught, but if you wanted Silver Bass they were plentiful. There was a good 5" of ice there. On Saturday we decided to fish more up river at the monument. No luck there either, not even a Silver was caught. Ice thickness there was maybe 3":eek: But we stayed anyways, there we others there fishing. A snowmobile went by us yesterday not very fast but the wave he created almost made us @#$% our pants.

I'm thinking of going more down river the next 3 days

Good luck Guys

Jim

fished from light till noon saturday, from the old bridge to the first corner going down stream, marked perhaps a dozen fish throughout the morning coming for a look, but again no takers

Reports on the swamp forum were about the same, with only 2 posts ,one with pictures of 3 being caught and another stating he got one.

Then another post of one being caught in the evening bite.

Still a bit of traffic on the river, but most sensible drivers are going by with some room. 6 inches of ice in that area.

Hoping it will cool down a bit more as i would like to go out at leamington but im just a bit skeptical of the conditions with this seasonal weather compared to last year.

Another skunked day on the Thames. Got a tip that they were catching some walleye on the east side of Chatham at Hyw 40..........LIARS!!!! Fished from 2:00-6:30 with no results. There were 7 huts and a couple of guys sitting on the ice and nobody had anything.

A couple of locals were saying Prairie Siding has always been a good area, I told them we were there catching Silvers on Friday. But they kept saying its a good area. So I guess we need to try it again.

Another skunked day on the Thames. Got a tip that they were catching some walleye on the east side of Chatham at Hyw 40..........LIARS!!!! Fished from 2:00-6:30 with no results. There were 7 huts and a couple of guys sitting on the ice and nobody had anything.

A couple of locals were saying Prairie Siding has always been a good area, I told them we were there catching Silvers on Friday. But they kept saying its a good area. So I guess we need to try it again.

@Three Bouys , did you try pig barns ? Think we are heading up tomorrow I'll shoot you a text let you know for sure , maybe we should just go to Mitchell's Bay for some perchies ? .........apps

@apps we are heading down around lunch time for the afternoon bite. Never heard of the pig barns? Is that down river of Prairie Siding. I would like to a couple of walleye or at least 1 walleye just so I can say "I got a Thames eye".

Heard they are doing well for perch at Mitchell's Bay. I'd hate to go there and get mess of them and get home late to a couple of hrs of cleaning:banghead:

Text me and let me know.

Maybe you should try the walleye jigg'in technique @big rod showed us for the "D"? Should be easier to keep your line straight up and down!

if my memory is correct i believe the old pig barns would be on the east side near the end off poppe rd across the river from Bradley, people have spoke of it before saying there was not much parking at the end of the dead end there, fishing in the straight there that runs parallel to the road

@apps we are heading down around lunch time for the afternoon bite. Never heard of the pig barns? Is that down river of Prairie Siding. I would like to a couple of walleye or at least 1 walleye just so I can say "I got a Thames eye".

Heard they are doing well for perch at Mitchell's Bay. I'd hate to go there and get mess of them and get home late to a couple of hrs of cleaning:banghead:

Text me and let me know.

@Three Bouys , see you in the morning......! Told work to :finger: tomorrow on OT .....I got to go in Thursday for a 7 day stretch anyways........not sure if I'll meet you for breaky or on the ice , what time you planning on being there ??........apps

@Three Bouys , see you in the morning......! Told work to :finger: tomorrow on OT .....I got to go in Thursday for a 7 day stretch anyways........not sure if I'll meet you for breaky or on the ice , what time you planning on being there ??........apps
@apps hope to be there 7:00 ish heading back to the pig barns

if my memory is correct i believe the old pig barns would be on the east side near the end off poppe rd across the river from Bradley, people have spoke of it before saying there was not much parking at the end of the dead end there, fishing in the straight there that runs parallel to the road
@smokey1 Thanks found it. Down on Poppe RD then right on Buchanan, tons of parking. Now I need to find those eyes.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks