Talbot River

fshrgrl

Curious to know if anybody knows of any pickeral being caught on Simcoe anywhere? mouth of the Talbot River in particular? Just got back from innisfil and only one lake trout.

@fshrgrl, Lake Simcoe is not known as a great walleye fishery by any means. Most I know that fish Simcoe regularly say there's not more than a handful caught each year and even less through the ice. It's just my opinion but you would be much better off targeting them on the Bay of Quinte that's famous for walleye. If your looking for closer to home Lake St. Clair is good choice.

@fshgrl, lots of great walleye fishing in Simcoe. Your just a little early. Give it another week or two. Go to where you stated above. If you have any other questions Pm

Thanks for the input gentlemen! Will be trying the Talbot early March as we've had luck there a few years ago. We've had great fishing in Temagami this year, best we've had in several years. The freezer is looking a little bare...

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks