Tagged walleye

Bentrod

Seen a comment on a different post about tagged fish... last Friday out of Port Glasgow we got a tagged walleye. Unfortunately we did not take a picture of the fish but here is the tag. The thing is about 2” long, 3/4” diameter. I called it in and they were telling me it was one of the 200 eyes tagged in 2016 in Sundusky, Ohio, and every year it moved from the Detroit River to the Port Burwell area and return. Did not make it this year we :-( . 28”, did not have a scale on the boat. Now waiting for the Certificate and the $100. First money I made from fishing, will cover some of the lures bought in the last 4 weeks :)

Attachments

• 70C4AA4A-2F0F-42CC-B4E2-C81EBB62F042.jpeg
    70C4AA4A-2F0F-42CC-B4E2-C81EBB62F042.jpeg
    478.2 KB · Views: 201
Hi Bentrod, I caught a pickerel last year with one of these tags, it was in the lower Grand. I was told they have receivers in the water and when the fish swims past it records the information. The organization does want us to harvest the fish and report the catch and yes returning the transmitter gets you $100. It being $100US is a bonus for us Canadians.

Happy hunting.
Locksmart.

Attachments

• IMG_7650.jpg
    IMG_7650.jpg
    268.8 KB · Views: 112
  • IMG_7651.jpg
    IMG_7651.jpg
    209.1 KB · Views: 112
Yes, the ring is Around the top fin and the emitter is surgically implanted in the belly.

Seen a comment on a different post about tagged fish... last Friday out of Port Glasgow we got a tagged walleye. Unfortunately we did not take a picture of the fish but here is the tag. The thing is about 2” long, 3/4” diameter. I called it in and they were telling me it was one of the 200 eyes tagged in 2016 in Sundusky, Ohio, and every year it moved from the Detroit River to the Port Burwell area and return. Did not make it this year we :-( . 28”, did not have a scale on the boat. Now waiting for the Certificate and the $100. First money I made from fishing, will cover some of the lures bought in the last 4 weeks :)
Very cool

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks