Tag Out Tom

Jwalsh

Well the 2014 Turkey Season has come to a end for me, and it was a action packed couple weeks, hunted a total of 7 days, bagged 3 Toms (one was for my brother) and saw birds everyday.

I had been working a group of 3 Toms since Saturday morning, having issues with them being henned up and not coming to my decoys. So this morning I switched it up, I went decoy-less and set up in the bush instead of the field, along the route they had been taking from the roost to the field where they would meet up with the hens. All 3 were gobbling on the roost by 5:20 this morning, fly down around 5:50 and started slowly working their way towards the field. I let out a couple yelps and boom, intense gobbling follows. But, I never got a glimpse of them through the bush, so it was time to go commando style and start belly crawling towards them, made it about 50 yds through some wet bush and hit the call, this was the ticket and they responded immediately and started closing the distance quick, I took the first one that came into my line of fire (as I was still laying on my stomach) and dropped him with one shot at about 20yds..... 22.5 lbs, 7/8" spurs and 9-1/4" beard. Not as big as my first bird, but I will take it! Now its time to get the boat ready and start trolling for Lake O chinnys!
IMG_0221.JPG

Last edited:
awesome good job Jwalsh nice tom still working on my last tag didn't hunt much last week because of therain.
Hunting hard this week to fill my tag see what happens.

awesome good job Jwalsh nice tom still working on my last tag didn't hunt much last week because of therain.
Hunting hard this week to fill my tag see what happens.

Thanks @Gunner_1 , i'm going out saturday to call for a friend. Good Luck this week, hopefully you bag a Gobzilla!

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks