Tackle Swap - Saturday March 28 Ancaster fairgrounds 9-2pm.

rocket09

Just a reminder for everyone about the tackle swap in Ancaster on Saturday. This is a great event to pick up new and used fishing tackle. It is at the Ancaster Fairgrounds just off the 403. There is an admission to the event of a few dollars but it is well worth it in the money you will save on tackle at the event. Grab a few buddies and carpool to a great event, hope to see you there, will have 2 tables full of great stuff. Chris.​

there is over a 100 tables as i got the list last night , and apprently over a 1000 people threw the doors. if your looking for old vintage fising lures, rods reels, my brother inlaw will be there with some just amazing stuff. he is in booth 90-91 nextt to me

Thanks chef and nice meeting and chatting with you in aylmer . My daughter was amazed by the designs on that little reel you had she wouldn't stop talking about it.

I will be in booths 58-59, I will have lots of bass and musky baits, stop by and say hi, hopefully a bunch of people will get out and see a great show. Chris.

I know a little on the late side.. but If anyone from London is going and would like to car pool let me know.

Thanks

I went outside this AM didn't see my shadow so 4 of us hit the fairgrounds at 09:00. It was shoulder to shoulder early but I must say it was a great event. There was something to see for everyone. I could have stood looking at antique tackle for hours. Many thinning grey haired guys bit also there was a good number of youngsters as well. Since I really don't stand for long I parked my butt near the kids casting for prizes, fun to see their faces when they do snag a plastic fish. I wanted to give it a shot, some nice prizes for the kids.

I went in looking for a fair quality line counter reel and downrigger rod. 7'6" Shimano " Down Rigger" rod and a nice Daiwa deep spool line counter reel spool loaded with braid. Asked $75.00 and he took $40.00, how can you beat that? Featherstone Ted who is addicted to buying tackle got a dozen Rappala in the box for about 3 or 4 bucks each. Farmer Johnny bought a entire soft roll up bag with 58 spoons included, all quality spoons, asking $150.00 he paid $120.00. There has to be at least 400 bucks in spoons there. We are talking good quality, NDK, Heddon, at least 6 Greasy Chicken pattern that may go missing soon. too many to list. He also bought a used Okuma down rigging combo for $20.00. Fine for Walleye here. Ted also picked up a quality analogue temp probe for the downrigger for 50 bucks. 50 bucks and it works too as we checked it on a 12 volt battery there. Louis body temp showed 98.6.

We left at 11Am. I would say there had to be more than 1000 people at 09:00, less latter but steady coming and going.

Saw some familiar faces, Fish Farmer, he was holding court most of the time I was there, Chef Boyardee I think, had a table at the far left of the entrance. I'm sure it was him, he was doing a brisk business. A few guys from OFC as well. I thought I glimpsed HTHM once. Anonymity has it's advantages at times, sunglasses and Fedora today.

There was something for everyone. I could have easily spent a 1000 beans on stuff I don't need but think I do. You need to know the price of potatoes at these sales. Because a T shirt or cap has some cool logo on it doesn't make it $30.00 worth but on the whole some great deals for sure. They should have another show in the fall, it will be well received I think.

Now I know I should have bought that planner board mast but it was missing a spool. If you went I hope you enjoyed it, if you didn't make it I would recommend you make it next time.

Almost forgot, bought my wife a pair of Colorado spinner ear rings, I hope she likes Fire Tiger.

Last edited:
You did see me. AND YOU DIDN"T SAY HI!!??? :drowning:
I, on the other hand did not see you. Or I would have said Hi.

I thought that was you Albert. You know how crowded it was. I lost the guys for an hour, Ted was standing next to me and the next thing I know he ditched me. Did you find any deals too, there were many. You might not have recognized me, was incognito!!! I heard my ex wifes future ex husband had a booth and she was going to be there. She wasn't.

I parted with some cash in exchange for a very nice chronarch baitcaster.

I wish I had not gone. Going to have to sell the wife to pay for today. :cry:. Two downrigger reels, a planer board mast, dipsy rod holder, rod-reel combo....but that is not the worst of it. My bitter half picked up a bunch of brochures on resorts, hotels and attractions in the Long Point area and she is upstairs now "devouring" them... planning new ways to break the bank during her holidays this summer. NUTS! Should have left her at home!:(

Thanks to everyone who stopped by tables 58-9. Had a great event, great crowd, and great deals. If you have never been you should mark it on your calender for next year. I have been a vendor at everyone of their events and they have come a long way from one small room in the bottom of a bowling alley to the Ancaster fairgrounds. I like this event more than I like the big shows in Toronto, always pick up a bunch of stuff for the upcoming season. The nice thing about this show is it has something for everyone, it doesn't matter if you are a bass, salmon/walleye, or pike/musky chaser, there is stuff for everyone. No charge for parking, easy access off 403, great hall, and only a couple of bucks to get in. Thanks again for everyone who bought stuff off my tables and good luck this fishing season. Chris.

Hi Chris, I forgot you mentioned you had a table there otherwise I would have stopped by an introduced myself. It was a great show for sure. Something for everyone. What I did notice that there was a great selection of Musky tackle. The shows way back when had very little Musky stuff if any. I remember that because my brothers father in law was always looking for new Musky tackle and he complained there was not much available then pre internet.
Good to hear you parted with some cash @HTHM, it's about time. Have you found a boat yet Albert?

All joking aside... the best damn show I have been to in years. If it was not there, you really don't need it. Far better than anything put on in Toronto at the big centres, and for 2 bucks to get in, a much better deal. Congratulations to the organisers and venders. You guys did a fabulous job. (y)(y)

Sounds, like a great event, I headed up yesterday with the wify and ASSUMED it was open at least until 5. I WAS WRONG!!! 5 hrs seems kind of sort for a one day show.

Sorry you missed the event Outcast. I have been a vendor at tackle swaps for years and at everyone I have ever done the crowd just is not there in the afternoon, there is always the crazy rush when the door opens and then steady traffic til about noon and then the show just winds down for the last few hours. There were a few vendors that sold out everything on their tables by 11am, the vendors beside me had some very high end bass baits which they sold very cheap and were packing up at 10:30am. WhatsthePoint, I think the explosion in the lake St.clair musky fishery has a lot to do with seeing more musky tackle at tackle swaps. I think some of the best deals I saw at the show were on musky baits, I know a friend who is a die hard musky guy stopped by my table to thank me for telling him about the show, he said he saved tonnes of money and found some hard to find musky baits. Thanks dyeing for the comments I will pass them on to the show organizers. Hope to see everyone next year. Thanks Chris.

@rocket09 , your right about the crowd not there in the afternoon, but on the other hand there was almost to many people at the start and it was like a cattle drive with people not having time to stop and look just pushing threw. but all and all definetly the best show on the calander. for price, vendors and crowd which was great.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks