Suzuki Motors

one.last.cast

My brother is looking at a 2020 Suzuki 90 hp four stroke. Looking for feedback from someone who owns a Suzuki.
Thanks in Advance.

We love ours. Super smooth and quiet but tons of power, instant hole shot and fuel consumption is the same as my old 90HP 2 stroke Merc.

I planned to add a Suzuki 9.9 kicker this spring but I guess the sailors are using it to cross the Pacific. Been waiting four months now.

AFA886A2-3A8F-4DB3-B987-CC93602E337D.jpeg

Thanks very much. My brother is looking at a Starcraft 168 Renegade with a 90 Suzuki. 2020 Friends at work have Merc, Yamaha, Evenrude.

I don’t own a Suzuki motor but if I had to replace my Etec it would probably be with a Suzuki as I’ve heard good things about their motors. Do some Google searches and look at reviews.

I have a 150 super six It's a 1987 Its been a great motor but be prepared if you have a breakdown you might be down for a while as parts can be hard to get I get repairs done and parts at Bridge Yacht marine in Port Dove They have a large stock of parts and have been pretty good to deal with but they are very busy Maybe give them a call and ask them about the motor your about to buy Ask for Ed he is good to work with and seems to know a lot about all types of Suzuki's I have never heard anything good about getting repairs done at Hully Gully

I fish with my uncle out west in salt water. His Suzuki is great and he has no complaints. They seem to very popular out there. It use to be Yamaha in the 90s into 2000 but now when I'm out there I see older boats repowered and new boats with Suzuki. Hope to get back out there next year if this crap ever ends.

Florida too. Seems like almost all repowers and a huge percentage of boat brands not owned by Yam/Merc are coming with Suzis on them down there. We took a bit of a gamble with ours. It was already bolted to the boat we wanted and I wasn't picky on brand. If it were a Yam or Merc, we would have had that. I made a little gamble in my mind that Evinrude leaving the space is going to leave a gap in the market that Suzi is going to fill.

Thanks very much every one for your feedbacks. We will be looking for a 9.9 kicker asap. Any feedback from anyone who has 9.9hp Suzuki?. Any recommendations where to purchase one?

Thanks in Advance!

Thanks very much every one for your feedbacks. We will be looking for a 9.9 kicker asap. Any feedback from anyone who has 9.9hp Suzuki?. Any recommendations where to purchase one?

Thanks in Advance!
Depending where you are CAS marine in Ayr/Waterloo is a suzuki dealer website shows they have at least one in stock. they go pretty quick

I waited for a few months last season to get my new 300HP and 9.9 Suzuki which turned out to be good move since they are even more difficult to get this year. They are both connected to my Lowrance HDS9 for autopilot and also I can fully monitor the 300HP with a cable connected to the HDS9. I replaced a 15 year old Etec engine and the 9.9 Johnson was actually a Suzuki engine with 1000's of hours on it and it ran like a top.

Attachments

• 20200814_171134.jpg
    20200814_171134.jpg
    506 KB · Views: 23
I called CAS this morning. None in stock. Bridge Yacht marine only has short shaft. We'll keep trying. Worse case we will get Yamaha but would like to keep matching pair.

Not just matched pair, the Suzi is EFI while the Yam is carbureted. That was an absolute deal sealer to me.

I called CAS this morning. None in stock. Bridge Yacht marine only has short shaft. We'll keep trying. Worse case we will get Yamaha but would like to keep matching pair.
Good luck getting a Yamaha this season. I ordered a 75HP in November and Yamaha can't deliver before July. Thinking of getting my money back but, nobody has anything. Good thing I didn't sell my 60 HP Yamaha, I'm going to put it back on next week.

Not sure how bad you want one but Marsh's Marine has a 2021 Suzuki DF9.9BEL 20" long shaft with electric start and manual trim listed on their website for sale.

I called Rob and he said he would call me back after checking his inventory. He did not. I had a feeling he was not too interested in speaking to me on the phone. Trying to give him a model # I seen on his website, he kept cutting me off saying he needs to go into the warehouse and check inventory. I would think that there's a computer he can just enter the model into and let me know over the phone. Even after I said thank you, please call me back, he just hung up the phone without saying welcome or even good bye. I don't think he gave me the time to even say bye to him before he hung up. Maybe your right Wildfire!

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks