Surface feeding in 30 fow yesterday evening

Derkd9

R.O.C. (Radio Operator's Certificate)
Just curious if any of you guys know what would have been feeding off the surface of the water out in 30ft probably around 730pm Monday

Not sure what side of the point you were on but if you were on the bay side it's likely they were gar. Seen lots of them out around bluffs area on sun.

was out sunday night trolling by sandhills seen the same thing we got pretty close we tought they where trout but not sure there was alot of bugs

Fair enough
Tempted to toss a top water lure at them next time I see it.
There was quite a bit yesterday
And I was out between Bruce and burwell

some guys report throwing small perch back and seeing pickerel come up and grab them so who knows ,,Dutch

Same thing Sunday at Bruce, well hunting, ( not finding), perch at different depths. Out around 50 FOW, happened to stop in some sort of bug hatch, larger and darker bug's then the usual "pester the shit of you gnat's"? Quite a few good sized fish breaking the sureface, but you could never really see what they were?

Just curious if any of you guys know what would have been feeding off the surface of the water out in 30ft probably around 730pm Monday
Smallies most likely. seen some splashing and jumping over 28 feet on sunday ..port maitland way.x rap later and had half a dozen smallies up t9 20 in . ..not sure what they were feeding on but had a few couch up some half digested bait fish. Some bass were in 4 feet of water others in 30.

Depends where it was. Lake side? Silvers. Bay side? Smallies, silvers or gar. Or a mix. St Clair action on silvers is crazy when the silvers are on top, some smallies mixed in if you can get through them, and I've even been told by a couple of old coots that there will be walleye below.

silvers were eating fly out of burwell in 54-56 ft seen a couple come up beside the boat ...= i was marking lots of small fish at the surface n bigger ones 30 plus feet down..

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks