Sunday Jan 26th

Dand

It was my first time out this year; booked a hut with Grangers for 5 of us.
The fishing and time spent with family was great; the catching left a bit (a lot) to be desired.
Seven hours in the hut and 2 perch caught, neither one by me. LOL
To tell you the truth, I didn't even see a fish down my hole; but man did we have fun anyway.
Cooking up beacon in the morning, tube steak in the afternoon, a few drinks and a whole lot of laughs.
This was the second time my son has been down and with the same results. Talking with Daryl form Grangers and I think I'm going to take his advice. Forget the weekends and try mid week if at all possible. According to him; with the Bay being as shallow as it is and then all the traffic and drilling of hole; he thinks it spooks a lot of the fish away. "Yes you may see a school of them fly by but they're not hanging around for any length of time."
So I'll be playing hooky, one day in the next couple of weeks and try out his theory?

Dan.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks