Sunday evening East of Burwell

zxninja

Fished 5:30-8:30pm in 42-27 fow. This was a last min outting that was more of a boating trip than a Perch trip. We missed the bait shop by 15mins and were without minows. Only managed one Perch off chartreuse jigs tipped with a worm. The bite was there, just very light. With favorable winds today and a weeks vacation, three of us will be heading out shortly to give it an honest shot.

Hope the temps come back up...sand hills thurs night 69f, after big wind and waves Fri I couldn't find water over 60f...59f some places on Saturday. Good luck.

Thanks Maytag Man. Been watching the boats out thee and everyone seems to be moving a lot. Looks like there will be some searching to do.

We were out in that area yesterday also. As you said, very light bite and went thru 3 scoops with only about 60 perch to show for it.
I'm from Michigan and this was first time to your side of the lake. I brought salted minnows as a plan B in case they were out and used those
to get our 2 man limit. I never used salted minnows before and was surprised that they worked every bit as well as live ones.

I should note that when I say "only 60 perch", that was in relation to how many minnows used.
I've NEVER experienced such amazing perch fishing in my life!

Last edited:
We were out in that area yesterday also. As you said, very light bite and went thru 3 scoops with only about 60 perch to show for it.
I'm from Michigan and this was first time to your side of the lake. I brought salted minnows as a plan B in case they were out and used those
to get our 2 man limit. I never used salted minnows before and was surprised that they worked every bit as well as live ones.

I should note that when I say "only 60 perch", that was in relation to how many minnows used.
I've NEVER experienced such amazing perch fishing in my life!

Welcome @Zman, glad you had a positive experience on our side of the lake. Yes we have an amazing fishery here and it's just getting started. Wait until the hot fishing arrives during the next 2 months when limits can come in record time on the good days. :D

Agree with you on the salted minnows, I use them a lot and when done right they catch every bit as good as live. (y)

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks