Summer leadcore

Mfisch2003

Did a search on this site but didn't find much info. Was looking to spool 2 reels with leadcore. Any opinions which 2 amount of colours typically do the best in July and august out of port Bruce/Burwell area. Will only be using these in the summer. Another question is when running off a planer board , running multiple rods on one side, using the same lure ,which leadcore go to the outside and which go closest to the boat? Thanks.

Shallowist to the outside... if you are only getting two setups... 7 and 10 color... Your going to hear alot of chiming in on segmented core... not a fan...

When referring to segmented lead core I assume it is 3 colors and 4 colors with braid between the e and 4 color? Plesse clarify.
Why are you not a fan?

I think when you segment, your lures dont have the flow it would if you had straight leadcore would be my guess.

When referring to segmented lead core I assume it is 3 colors and 4 colors with braid between the e and 4 color? Plesse clarify.
Why are you not a fan?
I use my core rods for salmon and walleye...
That's alot of knots!!!

I run with 1,2,3,3,4,5,5,7,7,10,10...

My core goes on inline boards or out the chute... Core in front of a board makes light bites difficult to see... rod and board don't perform properly... IMO...

I run super long lines and segmented core just doesn't work for me...

Every core rod has at least 1400' of line in it... ;)

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks