Suggestion for new Natural Gas BBQ

Bassassin

I have a propane BBQ that I use during the winter and when the wind is blowing hard off the lake. This time of year I hook up the NG BBQ on the lakeside deck. Yesterday I hooked it up and can't get any gas to it. It has gone for more than one flight when the wind picked it up and threw it 10 feet off the deck. The only thing that stopped it going any further is the neighbours fence. and the hose, yes I bought a new hose, 3 actually. It's done for, I know I can try and trouble shoot the problem ( it's the quick connection but I'm not telling that to my wife, I want a new one, Ha). So I'm looking for a new Q. It took me more than a few months to pick out this unit 8 years ago. There is so many options it can be mind boggling. I don't care if it has a stainless steel body. Budget is around $500.00. Prices of BBQ's have gone way down in 8 years other than the big brand name models like Duquesne. I paid over $700.00 for this one, 3 burners, plus rear upper salamander, smoker box, internal light, condiment tray I never used, ice bucket and a side burner I never use. I don't need all the add on crap just 3 good internal burners with a high BTU rating and a large surface area.

Any suggestions everyone?

Thanks, John D.

I'm on my third Napoleon in 36 years. Never tried anything else so I can't be very critical.
Hope this helps.
Cheers

It is if you would figure in the years of service.

Our bar-b-que-s are almost members of our family. Kids want our old ones.
Cheers

Broil King Sovereign. 3 tubes easy to clean. Simple and easily controlled and cleaned.

It is if you would figure in the years of service.

I would agree under normal conditions. I'm talking hurricane force winds here @GPS. But the next one gets lag bolted into the deck. I almost have figured out how to post photos here, when I master that I will try to post the video of the last storm we had that blew the thing against the fence, I had put 100 pounds of weights in it and the Q weighs around 150 pounds on it's own and the wind picked it up and threw it like a rag doll. If that happened to a $1200.00 BBQ I would lose it.

Got a Charbroil Commercial TruInfrared in US about 3 yrs ago. I believe Lowes in Canada carries them. I have been waiting for my Canadian Q to go so I can get one. Great heat dispersion and no burning, they are unbelievable.

I love my Coleman. Got from Canadian tire, if you watch the sales, you can get them for $450, regular $600-700. I got mine on sale 2 years ago. Great heat dispersion, no hot spots at all. It's a 3 burner with a side burner for frying up the shrooms and onions. one. Same as you guys, my BBQ means ALOT to me;) and I can't say enough good about it and recommend it to everybody I can...

After 25 years of having cheap poop bbqs I decided to invest in a good napoleon, till I got a deal on a akorn kamada at gander mountain for $235. Haven't looked back. It makes the best steaks, burgers, ribs, chicken, smoked fish, cold smoked anything etc. Google it.......

I screwed up last time around. I had a broil king sovereign as well and loved it! Lasted close to ten years. When it finally died, I fell for for one of those really shiny ones at a big chain grocery store....it had 4 burners, plus IR searing , and IR on the back for rotisserie, looked really sexy.... What a hunk of crap.... It is entering it's third summer, and I have already replaced the burners and will need to again before the end of this season. The drip tray has already completely rusted out, and had a buddy in a metal shop bend me a new one.... Moral of the story, buy quality, not shiny! You will get paid back over time.

I decided on a Coleman on sale at CTC. Compared to the price of meat I will be cooking on it the price is reasonable at $500.00, $150.00 off regular.

Thank you to all that gave me their suggestions.

Johnny D

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks