Successful Youth Hunt Thanks to all who helped.

singlemalt

Saturday was another successful youth hunt. We have now put 100 Young Hunters through a special half day course on waterfowl hunting fed them a lunch which included goose stew and then took them for an afternoon/evening hunt in the Unit. A small organization like the LPWA could not do this on our own so we have to thank Delta, DU, OFAH, Long Point Waterfowl, Ontaio Parks, Avery Outdoors, Winchester and many others. I also want to thank the many LPWA members who volunteered their day to be a guide and/or a presenter. Special thanks goes out to the many hunters on Saturday who selected a blind in the morning and paid full price knowing that they would have to give it up at noon for a Youth Hunter, you guys are the best!

With the north wind we had a bunch of new birds in the marsh and almost all the kids got shooting and many harvested their first bird.

It is just as much fun for the guides as it is for the "Newbies".
Great to meet 2 great young kids and their Dads the last 2 years I have guided --restores my faith in the younger generation !!

Sonny, thanks for giving up your afternoon.

I agree with you it's almost as much fun as hunting yourself to see these kids get all excited about the sport we have loved so long. Each year I have guided I have received a nice note back from the father for the great day and I have responded with a note to congratulate him on the nice young man he brought out in my boat.

I believe if more fathers and sons found the time to spend a day or two in the marsh together every fall we would have a lot less to worry about in the big picture. I raised two boys I am very proud of and a very high percentage of the real quality communication we have shared was while fishing or duck hunting. Today's society provides few opportunities when you can bond with teenager around a common goal but still have the "down time " to talk about other stuff.

I have very little experience with girls but I am sure the same principals apply. Maybe next year I will be lucky enough to draw a young lady.

Cam

I agree, the look on my young hunters face we he got his first duck was that of jubilation :D. He was a good shot and got 5 more. He's hooked! Thanks Cam for taking the lead on this. Going to try to post some pics from our hunt.

I'm hereby requesting a photo from the youth hunt to use in the next Newsletter.
Thanks, Arnold

U might get your wish singlmalt as i would like to bring my daughter up for the youth hunt !She was getting a lot of pressure from the kids at school about hunting and that tv show Animal planet she tryed to go vegatarin for a wile ?? I did not apply any pressure i just did not inclued her in my hunting or trappping trips i just brought my 7year old son ! well out of the blue this year she wants to be part of the action said she wants to get her hunting lic ,she now eats wild game ,wants a camo suit its a compleat turn around ! she came out on her first goose hunt on sat (both kids just watch and help carry gear !!!!)we will have her PAL and LIC by the youth hunt she is in the process of saving the money now !!she really wants to help make the goose and duck sasage over Xams, we do this each year !!

Thanks to everybody for giving my son Vasili a great day he shot 5 differant ducks we were with Dean in blind 34 and it was just so much fun thanks to all

Hats off to the volunteers who dedicated their time to give those kids the opportunity to experience a memorable day in the marsh !!!

Happiness is a day on the ice

My son and I took in the youth hunt a couple of years ago. We had a great time. Great bunch of volunteers. Now he's dragging me out every chance he gets. Four or five times per week. That was the best goose stew we ever had. We've made it dozens of times now but can't quite capture the same flavour. Thanks All.;)

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks