Sturgeon Lake

Morning fellow fisher people;
Heading up to Sturgeon Lake (Kawartha's) looking for some advice regarding Musky and Eyes. Have worked the lake a few years ago with limited success, found the bass but no luck otherwise.
Thanks
Mike

It's been years since I have fished up that way ,but when I did it seemed Pigeon Lake was always better for musky.
Don

Agree with Don, Pigeon Lake seemed to produce big muskie and at one time had a decent walleye population. Its been 20 years or so since I have been there so not sure what the current conditions are like.

ya fishingmedic thats my brother in laws home lake,this July for a week they did really good on pics,lots over the slot size,the bass were hitting like crazy too and all good size.No muskie this year but a lot rolling around.Good deep channels and they mainly fished dropoffs.Baits were worm harnesses ,rapalas and soft baits like yum crabs and leeches.The pics were actually hitting them best as he says.He stays at Sandy Point and he usually fishes the south end but this year fishing was good in the east side so he didn't even leave that area. I will upload a pic and i circled the area he fished in yellow...good luck and happy fishing!

Attachments

• sturgeon.jpg
    sturgeon.jpg
    179.6 KB · Views: 15
Back