Storing fish overnight

Corey06

What are you guys doing with your catch at night after getting in so late? I have read of some people just throwing there catch in the freezer and cleaning it the next day.

not the freezer the fridge or or cooler with ice .last time i did the late day to dark fishing for pics it was 2 in the morn when i walked in the house.boat parked in the garage fish cleaned.

johnnyo

If you need to leave your fish for the night.

#1 Bleed them out with a cut between pectoral fins up to the throat.

#2 cool them in a fridge.....don't freeze. (Ice is better)

Fisher-Price

corey06 i have left them in the cooler overnight covered in ice & they were fine. the one thing leaving them on ice overnight is that the blood in the fish coagulates & when you clean them they dont bleed as much because the blood has gelled.
les

Sunny D all the way , have 8 in freezer so can take 4 with me fishn and have 4 for back up , check that I just gain another as I went for my morning O.J.:D......................apps

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks