Stolen trailer

kmaub

so saturday morning the oldest daughter was coming out for her frist fishing trip in a couple years with me and her youngest sister and as we drove by where we store our boat trailer I noticed it was gone!

Some rottin SOB that has absolutly no business going on our property ripped off our boat trailer!

You rottin SOB if you have any balls you will bring it back and there will be no questions asked!

I will however spend the rest of this summer hunting you down so the law can take care of you!

I will be going from boat repair shop to boat repair shop and from marina to marina showing the picture and other info about this trailer.

I WILL FIND YOU!

I ask any one reading this post that if you know someone that has just recently got a new to them trailer to please question where they got it from.

If you have any info please call the OPP Elgin detachment!

or email me here

If I have broken any posting rules on here please let me know and I will remove the post but I would like to get the information out!

I dont have any pictures of the trailer by itsself but these are the pics I do have

trailer2.jpg

and

trailer1.jpg

licence plate is H7035W

it is a Capri trailer matching the bayliner 195 boat as you can see in the pics
thanks all for reading

that is BS I just cannnot believe some one would do that and think that they could get away with it ,It has to surface sometime I would think ,hope you find your trailer and the person or people responsible

John R

That really is maddening Im sure. If i were you Id be carrying the serial number with me at all times. Never know when you may come across one. least then you could check it out. Good luck on your hunt

OPP lady called this morning saying my plate number didnt come back on her computer so I looked at the ownership again (with my glasses on this time)

and the plate number is H7035M not W

sorry goose egg please send your message again I didn't have my email address correct in my profile but it is now!

thanks

Sorry to hear this.. obviously the creep who did this isn't very smart.. how the hell are they gonna start it without a key?

You're not alone.. last month somebody came on to the property where I live and torched my landlord's $15,000 motorhome. It was gutted.

thats bs i hope u find it we had someone at burwell on sunday steel r plug for the lights we were parked on the hill by bradfields so had no fn light the whole why home thanks to some cheap prick that stole it

I hope to see it again.

Most people think its already cut up or changed in some way as not to be recognized or its so far away by now there wont be anything suspicious about it pulling in a drive way.

I just hope who ever took it needed it more than we did! If selling it to put a couple of week worth of food on the table for the kids! Or a couple more weeks of gas looking for a job something like that. But for some reason I dont think the above reasons are very realistic. [V]

Make sure you check out all the free classified ads like Kijiji,Craigslists,ebay etc. You may find it there . Good Luck

Yet again another sob!!! make sure you put an ad on KIJIJI looking for it. Im heading up north this weekend I will print off your picture if thats okay and post it up there. Let me know before Friday
good luck.
Craiger

"ERIE" FEELING
Craiger

Rick,
Do you have a model/serial number. I will keep an eye open here at Long Point

I have my big boat trailer here thats just sitting, you are more than welcomed to use it.

Jim

Don't assume a boat in the driveways safe either. A buddy told me his bass boat was stolen off his driveway in grimsby few year back, first day out from winter storage,it was found gutted near dunnville. Maybe,install tire lock,take a tire off or get a G.P.S electronic tracking on an expensive boat. I know construction equipment has secretly installed tracking devices,the cops get led to the theft racket by one theft from what I read in the newspapers.

Maybe I am naive but did you lock the trailer coupler? I was under the impression it would take a lot of work to get around a locked coupler, in effect you need to remove the coupler and replace it. Is there a way for these dopes to grab a trailer that has been locked?

Steve

That really sucks .Same thing happened to me a few years ago with a hardtop trailer still fully loaded from a week camping ,and it had a tongue lock.Sad to think that someone is that cheap.Ask your insurance carrier,but I think you have to have one wheel immobilised or your coverage is void.Mine is worded that way.Again ,sorry to here,will keep my eye out at LongPoint. Paul.

Thanks for the offer Jim! But untll I take the boat out of the water to store it I won't need one and we are most likely going to have to buy one.

Looking at a couple this afternoon and tomorrow morning

and yes they can steal a locked tongue! I should have removed the coupler like my wife wanted!

may be good thing you DIDNT have the boat stored on it

[img=left]http://www.myfishingpictures.com/img/067096.gif[/img=left]

quote:
Originally posted by kmaub
and yes they can steal a locked tongue! I should have removed the coupler like my wife wanted!

So this has me wondering what a person can do to keep from getting ripped off by these low life. I always have a lock on the tongue and have felt pretty secure up till now. I have even dropped the trailer in the launch parking lot so my wife can use the truck while I am out on the lake. I am now counting my blessings Thai have not become a victim as well.

Short of removing the tongue, what can a person do?

Steve

They say nothin is totally secure as in property from being 5 finger discounted.A class A truck licensed fellow worker told me to take a bulb out from tail light,thieves usually work at night,police might pull over a trailer with burnt out bulb. Also,a boats worth nothin without a trailer,maybe use heavy gauge chain link with heavy duty lock through tire and around trailer frame.

Sorry to hear you had your trailer pinched. I had to resort to removing one of my trailer wheels and taking it with me. Pain in the rear but the trailer was always there when I went to retrieve it. Where I was up in the Kawarthas trailers from one location were usually stolen for use to steal a boat from another location. Keep an ear close to the local news about reports of stolen boats around the same size as yours.
Regards.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks