Off Topic Stealth core ...leadcore

Puddle Jumper

I am thinking about changing all my leadcore rods
So that they have the same diameter and lb test
I currently have 18, 27 lb and micro leadcore

I am considering buying the 1000 yard spool of 27 lb stealth core from fish USA ( salmon fishing also)
It only has 2 colour segments ( black / red)

Just wondering if anyone has used or tried the stealthcore brand ?
How durable is it ? And how long it lasts ?
Will 10 -12 colours fit on a Okuma 45 series reel

Appreciate the inputScreenshot_20240127-162627_Samsung Internet.jpgScreenshot_20240127-162540_Samsung Internet.jpg

I bought the built spool last year myself. I love the stealth core for my lead core rods. If you’d like to try it out before buying let me know and you can buy some off me if you’d like. I’m located near Woodstock.

I am planning on replacing / upgrading 2 of my leadcore combos and want to respool my other 3
And probably add 1or 2 more to the line up

I currently have an 8 , 10 and 2x 5colour
I have a 6 also but loaned it out ( cheap reel)

I rarely use the 5 colour
So debating on 6, 8, 10 ( 2 of each)
Or do I go 2 each of 7 & 10 colour and maybe a 12 colour for salmon fishing ?

I bought the built spool last year myself. I love the stealth core for my lead core rods. If you’d like to try it out before buying let me know and you can buy some off me if you’d like. I’m located near Woodstock.
I really appreciate the offer . That is very kind of you.
I will probably buy the large spool as it makes the most sense.....
I want to have the boat and all my rods and gear ready to go by April...so that as soon as launches open I can get the motor broken in ....and start fishing hard .

Where did you get the large (1000yard) spool of stealthcore from. ?

So far I haven't heard anything bad about the stealthcore with the exception of them having batchs that was marked 100 yards ( 10 colour) but was only 90 yards or 9 colours .

Have not heard of any quality issues

That's a pretty good deal, only problem is fish usa never delivered the stuff I ordered from them after 6 months finally got my money back, -5 stars.

I bought mine from Grimsby tackle last year.
If you’re thinking of a 12 colour I would segment it if the reel is large enough…7 and 5…that setup has done me well over the past couple of years.
The other option is do a 7, 8 and 10 and grab some snap weights to achieve deeper depths if the reels are not large enough. A buddy of mine started doing that last year and also worked well for him. Think you can achieve almost the same depth with say a 7 or 8 colour with a 2oz snap as a 12 colour but less line too reel in.

The snap weights work very well ....have used them for salmon fishing last 2 years instead of using leadcore. ( PUMP HANDLE FISHING )

Since all my fishing buddies have there own boats, when I take my own boat I will most likely be fishing with less experienced anglers or alone
So I think it will be easier to grab rods and reel fish in .
No body enjoys reeling in 8- 12 colours ....but they catch fish and are easy to use

Can’t speak to stealth core, but I would absolutely run 7 colour. It’s my most productive leadcore on Erie, and does pretty well on lake O.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks