Stanley is very tired, time to move east?

rcfire77

R.O.C. (Radio Operator's Certificate)
Went out of Stanley on sat and Sunday. Saturday was an all day affair that ended when we finally reached our 3 man limit. Tons of smaller throwbacks or maybe I am just getting picky with the seasons wind down? All our usual routes, colours and techniques still worked but at a molasses pace. Went back out Sunday afternoon and it was much of the same. Gonna pull my boat outta the river for the season this week but I was contemplating a trip from there to Burwell to end it on a positive note before the compound comes out. Suggestions anyone??

Glasgow. Fish migrate to the west end of the lake in the fall.

I was not aware. I thought they headed over to the US side then back up to the Detroit river.

We went sunday am 2 man limit in 2.5 hrs good ones threw 3 small ones back stanley still producing 54 to 58 fow was good for us RRF on dipsy 160 number 3 setting

I think perhaps I am throwing back a lot that other people may keep? On Saturday I was two throw backs for every fish we kept. We finished up with a 3 man limit plus a bow. However I think I got spoiled by the fat cats showing up the last few weeks so my judgement is off. I threw back so many that I would have loved to catch in my younger days living up north.

It all depends on the day @rcfire77 .

Slow fishing, keep/hold more smaller fish, steady or fast, toss the smaller uninjured ones back right away.

I have a high volume pump on my livewell and it keeps everything fresh. First fish it's turned on and keeps the livewell overflowing with the drain plug removed. Only time the drain plug is in place is at the dock. 🌻

Glasgow now is producing some big fish,

Went out of Stanley on sat and Sunday. Saturday was an all day affair that ended when we finally reached our 3 man limit. Tons of smaller throwbacks or maybe I am just getting picky with the seasons wind down? All our usual routes, colours and techniques still worked but at a molasses pace. Went back out Sunday afternoon and it was much of the same. Gonna pull my boat outta the river for the season this week but I was contemplating a trip from there to Burwell to end it on a positive note before the compound comes out. Suggestions anyone??
Fished out of Stanley yesterday, 11th. Headed to 65 fow, rods in at 8. First 5 fat, 5-7 lbs, fish in the box by 8:45. Ran south to 69 fow and boated a 2 man limit by 11:00, all big fish. Headed west to finish our 4 man limit, took a long while and maybe 5 throw backs. Pulled lines at 3:00 with our box full. We are so spoiled by this fishery that we complain when we can't catch a limit in 2-3 hours.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks