st williams sunday

binkley

fished 1 to 1.25 miles south of st willies this morning in about 6 fow with slim pickens ended up catching about 50 to 60 perch only managed 14 to bring home fished from 715 till 1030 not bad for the first outing of the year.

keepen'er afloat is always better than sinkin.

fished old cut today jan 27 kept 13 out a possible 20 moved 3 times best luck on third move used salted minnows i bought from jimmy rig on friday i salted what i bought friday to make things clear.

My son and I went out today to Old Cut just past Jimmys last huts to the west by the pressure crack (walked out with my Clam Nanook). Pretty slow for us. The water was very cloudy and we only caught a few. Same thing with other people we talked to in the same area. The $10.00 parking sucks but it's the same as the boat ramp in the summer so I guess it's fair. $5.00 would be better though. You get a very generous scoop of minnows at Rotten Ronnies for $5.00. On the way home we checked out St Williams. Found out the fishing was a lot better quantity wise but a lot of small fish. Hopefully the warm days coming won't hurt the ice too much. TC

Whats the ice thickness. I want to bring a few kids out for some perch. Would ATV and flip hut be OK to bring out or to heavy yet for that

quote:
Originally posted by trky chsr

My son and I went out today to Old Cut just past Jimmys last huts to the west by the pressure crack (walked out with my Clam Nanook). Pretty slow for us. The water was very cloudy and we only caught a few. Same thing with other people we talked to in the same area. The $10.00 parking sucks but it's the same as the boat ramp in the summer so I guess it's fair. $5would be better though. You get a very generous scoop of minnows at Rotten Ronnies for $5.00. On the way home we checked out St Williams. Found out the fishing was a lot better quantity wise but a lot of small fish. Hopefully the rm ys coming won't hurt the ice too much. TC

$10 just to park?

I don't mind paying that for wear and tear on the docks and ramps when launching the boat, but for nothing more than parking? Good luck...

no the water clarity was very poor guessing 3 ft vis. ice thickness was right around 6"

keepen'er afloat is always better than sinkin.

I wonder if the Township knows there charging for parking on the public road. Glad you told us about the $10.00 gouging fee. They should be ashamed of them selves. I won't be going there. Well their killing it for them selves. I think I'll be going to the township and see if it's their doing. If the road is private, public works shouldn't be plowing it.

If you are so concerned just park 1/2 mile out in your truck. They don't charge or ticket out there.

quote:
Originally posted by davecattell

they charge me 8.00 to park at the hospital for an hour and there no place to fish lol:)

Seeing as you're comparing parking prices for recreational to health purposes, it makes the $10 fee to park for fishing sound even more ridiculous. Building and maintaining a hospital size parking lot costs way than any long point marina could imagine. You're suggesting the cost to maintain a gravel lot is higher than an asphalt lot with curbing, landscaping, gated entry, lighting, storm drains, salt all winter, sweeping all summer, line marking, etc?

Thanks for unintentionally proving my point...

Just happy that someone warned us about the gouging fee. Will just go else were.
Wouldn't want anyone on my property either.:)

They asked me to pay too, then I LMAO and said usually the parking at our boat house is free! Hahaha Ohh and I find it very amusing they're charging guys or gals $10 to park in front of it blocking my parking spot.......pretty lame.

God forbid the guys for trying to make some money off his property grow up pay the ten bucks or don't go who wants you there he said if u have a boathouse it's free some of u guys have nothing better to do than complain

he is a business man who pays property taxes i have no problem paying 10 bucks his expenses dont stop just because it is winter

FREE PARKING during ice fishing season at Old Cut Boat Livery! Our parking lot is open for you to use during ice fishing season, free of charge. Please park in line with other vehicles to make room for everyone. Be safe and Happy Fishing!

Old Cut Boat Livery
www.facebook.com/oldcut

quote:
Originally posted by canvasbacksca
And, exactly what is your point ch312? That you have the right to park on someone else's property for free?

nope, not at all. my point is the hospital parking lot that someone used as a comparison costs at least 10x more to maintain, yet it's still cheaper to use. marinas charge what they do during the summer to cover costs for the entire year, especially on a body of water that doesn't freeze every winter. there's a difference between gouging and making a buck.

as you can see, i'm not the only one who shares the same opinion...

quote:
Originally posted by Fish Farmer

Just happy that someone warned us about the gouging fee. Will just go else were.
Wouldn't want anyone on my property either.:)

quote:
Originally posted by Fish Bones

They asked me to pay too, then I LMAO and said usually the parking at our boat house is free! Hahaha Ohh and I find it very amusing they're charging guys or gals $10 to park in front of it blocking my parking spot.......pretty lame.

considering the costs, someone who rents a boathouse should be able to park for free without people blocking the spot they've paid for. the boathouse fee covers the costs for the entire year and asking those people to pay twice for parking is nothing more than gouging.

quote:
Originally posted by OldCutBoatLivery

FREE PARKING during ice fishing season at Old Cut Boat Livery! Our parking lot is open for you to use during ice fishing season, free of charge. Please park in line with other vehicles to make room for everyone. Be safe and Happy Fishing!

Old Cut Boat Livery
www.facebook.com/oldcut

it might be time for a bigger parking lot :D

The Old Cut Marina Ltd. is only charging for parking on its own property. If you rent a boathouse at the marina your parking is free. If you own a boathouse on leased land from the MNR and cannot access it, you should contact the Aylmer office. As stated by the Old Cut Livery, their parking is free and the Winter Access to the bay is open the public.

George Summers

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks