Fishing Report St.williams monday.

SIX-GRAND

R.O.C. (Radio Operator's Certificate)
Started off where I ended yesterday.. Better side of 60 today. Most of the catch 9.5" fish.. a few 8s and a few over 10 along with plenty of throw backs.20220214_201024.jpg20220214_205509.jpg20220214_212648.jpg
SW of lighthouse,just over the crack.
Williams wobler 40 silver/gold & Williams ridge back silver/gold.

Good looking machine. Does it have a constant water feed or a sump? The “good - bad“ thing about the peeler it’s faster, but you need a good “take away“ drain for the water.

1645015071148.pngThanks. I have been using 1 of these for about 10 years. I've had to take the liner out and reshape the holes a couple times. It will do 20 to 30 8" perch in about 4 minutes. Fish over 11 to 12" it does not do a really good job on. the draw back with it is you can go too fast and too long very easily, making a pail of soup. but you use a cordless drill and take in anywhere. I have been thinking about a machine like you have and may have to make the jump.

Good looking machine. Does it have a constant water feed or a sump? The “good - bad“ thing about the peeler it’s faster, but you need a good “take away“ drain for the water.
No drain or sump.. Has a "fill line" about an 2" from the bottom. Must be about 2.5gallons goes in.

View attachment 54422Thanks. I have been using 1 of these for about 10 years. I've had to take the liner out and reshape the holes a couple times. It will do 20 to 30 8" perch in about 4 minutes. Fish over 11 to 12" it does not do a really good job on. the draw back with it is you can go too fast and too long very easily, making a pail of soup. but you use a cordless drill and take in anywhere. I have been thinking about a machine like you have and may have to make the jump.
I baught mine for 8-10"perch which it does vary well. It will scale the biggest of perch too (about 30 at a time efficiently) but I don't care for the hide on the bigger fish so they almost always get skinned & fillet.
This rig has only 1 speed, slow & low you might say..once the beak starts wear down on the fish you be certain there all scaled.

View attachment 54382View attachment 54384View attachment 54385.
Drop 30-50 pan fish in, add a little water, flick the switch let it spin for 20-30mins,scaled.
I have had mine for a couple year now.. Hundreds of perch tumbled, still runs & scales as good as day 1. Buddy of mine has 1 going for close 10 years.
I never even knew that was a thing! So you just eat the descaled skin and all? Wow. And I agree, some serious knife skills there.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks