ST. WILLIAMS - GET HUTS OFF!

John

Just left St. WILLIAMS at 3:45pm Sunday. All but 5 huts are off the ice. 4 are at staging area. One hut white with green door black roof has gone through. The other 3 huts still above ice. Red hut blown over. There's 1 hut way out where pressure crack was. It has gone through and 1st pressure crack is gone and now is open water. Good luck getting that one out. Friday there was a hut over the crack sunk down but now no idea now as its all open water now. Come on guys get your huts off.

Just left St. WILLIAMS at 3:45pm Sunday. All but 5 huts are off the ice. 4 are at staging area. One hut white with green door black roof has gone through. The other 3 huts still above ice. Red hut blown over. There's 1 hut way out where pressure crack was. It has gone through and 1st pressure crack is gone and now is open water. Good luck getting that one out. Friday there was a hut over the crack sunk down but now no idea now as its all open water now. Come on guys get your huts off.
It would have been nice if the owners of those huts would have got them off the ice while they had a chance but I guess they don't do any boating in the Bay

It would have been nice if the owners of those huts would have got them off the ice while they had a chance but I guess they don't do any boating in the Bay

Are there fines for the failure to remove one's fishing hut?

And.....

Do the fines increase for repeat offenders? 🌻

That’s B.S.
this isn’t a surprise forecast for today
And now people who want to get their boats in for some ice out perch action have to worry about this 👎
Get your shit together

Last edited:
I was at Booths about 2:30 today and could only see the one by the pressure crack. There was a CO there as well so hopefully he could get some numbers off of it. TC

Everyone was well aware of the warm weather and winds today well in advance so they cannot try and play that game. Be respectful of all other fishermen and take your huts off in time. It’s not like Erie was completely frozen that they wouldn’t have to worry about a little warm up.
They need to start making these fines a large amount then it may deter guys from leaving them out.

Same shit every year! Couple years ago a young lad had his parents pontoon boat out and hit something to cause a leak and managed to have there trailer at launch ready to pull it out before it sank. Luckily they succeeded
I hope the ministry can track the owner he deserves to be charged !!

I tried to take a picture last night of the hut that went through it’s sitting pretty far out so my picture isn’t the greatest 4051C474-207A-4E3F-8B3F-06CDEBCD49E4.png

Is it time for no overnight huts unless you are in them? Drag them in and out each time like a boat, maybe the marinas could make a couple of bucks storing them on land.
Hate that idea. There are so many hut owners that do the right thing. They should not be all punished because of a couple of goofs.
That’s the same cancel culture mentality that could ban all sorts of outdoor entertainment.
This happens every year , and usually someone local retrieves the problem. The advances of the internet and social media just make it more visible.

Hate that idea. There are so many hut owners that do the right thing. They should not be all punished because of a couple of goofs.
That’s the same cancel culture mentality that could ban all sorts of outdoor entertainment.
This happens every year , and usually someone local retrieves the problem. The advances of the internet and social media just make it more visible.
fair enough, and I am an avid ice fisher. I've rented huts and pulled my own out for years. Just trying to offer a solution. Is the huts off the ice day too late in March now? I have always wondered if a pontoon hut anchored in the fall and picked up in the spring would work.

fair enough, and I am an avid ice fisher. I've rented huts and pulled my own out for years. Just trying to offer a solution. Is the huts off the ice day too late in March now? I have always wondered if a pontoon hut anchored in the fall and picked up in the spring would work.
I feel like the ice will destroy the pontoon
But I’m not 💯 certain

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks