St.Williams, Any Safe Ice?

Fish Farmer

Looking to go there if it's safe, hate that drive to Simcoe

If out front here is any indication Dave, stay home or feel free to stop bye for a Brown pop or coffee. There was a few hundred feet of pack ice, thick, pack ice out front 4 days ago 300 feet out, yesterday nothing but palm trees sprouting.

Not a trace of ice anywhere in the bay right now. Soft unstable ice in the channels. Water is really murky from big creek.

Thanks guys,(y)
I guess I have to get some nerve pills to do the Toronto drive twice in one day to scratch the Fish itch.:eek::LOL:
Why didn't I take up bowling, darts,cards, or something:(:LOL:

Could some body in the area of St Williams post a pic of the ice where Grangers and Bayside have their huts. My wife and I are planning to come down for a drive through St Williams before heading to the Hotel further down at Port Dover for a dinner. Thanks Huron.

No ice Huron I was at the trailer yesterday and was fishing from shore with a spoon had one nice bump but didn't catch anything. Only ice was in the harbour channel which isn't safe nor a lot of ice. Even port rowan harbour is more than half open if it wasn't so murky would b great for pike.

Just got off the phone with a buddy, said he was out testing on Sat. He walked out about 100 yards, drilled 2"
Walked back off.
Must have made a few inches since.

Thanks for the report with some positive news Fish Farmer. I still not giving up on going out for a day soon. Anybody else out from St Williams got any walk able ice at least to report? At least even a picture would make my day. Huron.

Back