St. Clair River

chesapeakeman

Lots of boats at the mouth of Black River on the US side. Lot's shore fishing north of the bridge at Port Edward. Any luck, anyone?

Fished from Mooretown all the way down to Ecourse both jigging and dragging harnesses with very little to show for it despite our best efforts. Got one good fish but it was a tough day for everyone we talked to. Heading to Windsor tomorrow I guess, can't take another beating...

Fished from Mooretown all the way down to Ecourse both jigging and dragging harnesses with very little to show for it despite our best efforts. Got one good fish but it was a tough day for everyone we talked to. Heading to Windsor tomorrow I guess, can't take another beating...
Fished Sarnia to stag yesterday evening, 2 fish. Very few marks it’s slow so far this year water temp 48°. It seems to be feast or famine, I have friends who have bagged limits in an hour one day then the next struggle to catch a fish, it is odd.

Slow day on the Detroit river today too after an amazing few weeks of fishing. Maybe the walleye all headed to Dover for PD13. Did manage a few very nice fish so far today but nothing like last week.

Went to Sarnia again, saw lots of boats at Black River on the US side, a few on our side near the bridge. Fished from dusk to midnight on the shore. Weather was great, the fishing not so much. I'll keep at it, it should pick up soon.

Two of us caught 6 yesterday on the US side around Harsens Island. The bite was really slow and I think we did better than most other boats.

I'd like to know where the fish go when they turn off like that.....river is loaded one day and the next you can hardly find one. Crazy but it's still a very nice area to spend a day on the water. Hopefully they turn on again soon.

Last edited:
Out with a cousin Wednesday at Mooretown, 7 nice eaters, jigging. Thursday my boat with a friend, Mooretown again, only 3 jigging. Water temps getting into the high forties. Will be trying harnesses next trip out.

I was out of corruna a week ago. We trolled up river using some of the Erie summer lures and picked up 7. 2 were over 7 lbs. no luck with worm harnesses.
Used flatline with body baits and leadcore/spoons with 4 Color’s out. All the activity was upriver from the island

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks