Fishing Report St Clair River Dinosaurs

G.Mech

R.O.C. (Radio Operator's Certificate)
Our long awaited sturgeon fishing trip turned out great. We fished with Relentless Grind Charters out of Algonac Michigan and Mike had us on fish within minutes. We boated 5 sturgeon, some monster catfish, and even a walleye on our half day trip. The biggest fish was 69" X 28" girth weighing in at 87 lbs. The other big one was 64"x24 “ at 58 lbs. It was totally new to us but tons of fun and we'll definitely go back again.
IMG_20231001_103059.jpg
IMG_20231001_111111.jpgPXL_20231001_130434850.jpg

Last edited:
WOW those sturgeon are awesome! The sturgeon in the St.Clair River are thriving and exist in good numbers. I with Ontario MNR would allow a catch and release fishery on our side of the river. How big were the channel catfish you caught?

WOW those sturgeon are awesome! The sturgeon in the St.Clair River are thriving and exist in good numbers. I with Ontario MNR would allow a catch and release fishery on our side of the river. How big were the channel catfish you caught?
There are tons of sturgeon in that river and Lake St Clair but I'm not holding my breath for an open season in Ontario. The ministry just doesn't seem too keen to make any changes.
32" was the largest catfish we got but we never weighed them. @Fishfarmer was quite proud! PXL_20231001_115543063.jpgPXL_20231001_115644253.jpg

Last edited:
Our long awaited sturgeon fishing trip turned out great. We fished with Relentless Grind Charters out of Algonac Michigan and Mike had us on fish within minutes. We boated 5 sturgeon, some monster catfish, and even a walleye on our half day trip. The biggest fish was 69" X 28" girth weighing in at 87 lbs. The other big one was 64"x24 “ at 58 lbs. It was totally new to us but tons of fun and we'll definitely go back again.
View attachment 80684
View attachment 80683View attachment 80687
Was waiting for these pics Greg. Such a cool experience.

Maybe we fishermen should petition the MNR. Clearly Michigan has shown that there is a thriving sport fishery there. Clearly catch and release and barbless hooks would not hurt the fish.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks