Fishing Report St Clair Musky

G.Mech

R.O.C. (Radio Operator's Certificate)
Good start to our first musky trip of the year. DP Baits overbite was inhaled by this fat slob. Hopefully the weather cooperates but it's not looking good 😞. And before you clowns even say anything, the fat slob I was referring to is the fish not me.

PXL_20230720_155209075~2.jpg

PXL_20230720_155214919~2.jpg

Last edited:
That's a tank for early season. Looks like one u expect to see late fall time.
Just think how big he will be once he puts on his winter feed!🤔

Looks like a good night for a Stoney Point Sportsmen's Club broasted chicken dinner and a pint of OV, but, then again, that's good almost every night... 🍻 🍗🍗

Well our good start didn't last. Friday we were blown off the lake by strong N-W winds and big brown waves. Saturday was a fantastic day with light winds, sunshine, zero bugs but no fish. They are usually off for a few days after those big storms so we weren't surprised. Regardless, I enjoyed they day out with my fishing partner Bruce and our el supremo @stomp. It's always fun times with these guys whether the fish cooperate or not. PXL_20230722_143336020.jpg

Last edited:
Well our good start didn't last. Friday we were blown off the lake by strong N-W winds and big brown waves. Saturday was a fantastic day with light winds, sunshine, zero bugs but no fish. They are usually off for a few days after those big storms so we weren't surprised. Regardless, I enjoyed they day out with my fishing partner Bruce and our el supremo @stomp. It's alway fun times with these guys whether the fish cooperate or not. View attachment 76985
Hey @G.Mech , remember, we caught a bass... no skunk! Even though the musky did not cooperate, it was great to see all your gear and add-ons in action, including the piss platform with seniors' grab bar! Excellent weather and company. Thanks for the invite/trip!IMG_1741.jpeg

Where did you buy your rod lanyards? Can't seem to find them anywhere.

Thanks
Well they're not super easy to find that's for sure. They are made by Brotherhood Baits in Indiana but I got them from Fisherpete Hoffmann at the musky Odyssey who seems to be the Canadian distributor. He also has them listed on his Facebook page or on muskie traders Canada. If you have Facebook.
Screenshot_20230908-140658.pngHere is the link:

Last edited:
Well they're not super easy to find that's for sure. They are made by Brotherhood Baits in Indiana but I got them from Fisherpete Hoffmann at the musky Odyssey who seems to be the Canadian distributor. He also has them listed on his Facebook page or on muskie traders Canada. If you have Facebook.
View attachment 79500Here is the link:

Thanks

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks