Spoon identification

portd

Purchased about 25 of these spoons any idea of manufacture, or are they just blanks someone put tape on

They look like blanks to me. Usually the Northern king spoons are stamped NK at the top of the spoon by the split ring. They'll still catch fish regardless

No not NK there is no mark or name on them should have mentioned they are light in weight like a silver fox spoon

They look like pirate spoons to me, I used a lot of them in Lake Ontario years ago.
Looks like some have had tape put on them . They were good spoons

They look good! I buy blanks from luremaking.com and add tape like that, and high quality hooks for about $4 each total. They work just as good as the $10 spoons IMO. One thing you could do to upgrade them is change out the hooks. I’ve been using the gamagatsu EWG.

These spoons were also in the lot I purchased , they seem to be silver plated and light in weight

Attachments

• 9808BA9F-1BC9-4802-AC6E-74C3B2BA6C49.jpeg
    9808BA9F-1BC9-4802-AC6E-74C3B2BA6C49.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 64
First ones we used to buy as Tommy boys. You could get them as blanks or finished, the second lot are called Hookster spoons.

hey @portd can you tell me if thats a blue & silver bronte flutterspoon below the purple taped silver spoon...if so do you have any others? I have hundreds of classic NK 28s prokings silver foxes silver streaks willing to trade...holgrams cracked ice and many of the hot colour combos...

Are these the one s you are talking about

Attachments

• C7C6551C-2C9E-4EF9-BE92-EF12273117C0.jpeg
    C7C6551C-2C9E-4EF9-BE92-EF12273117C0.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 35
Hi @portd yes you got 2 bronte flutterspoons there made by Lure King...
some guys called them christmas trees...used to be very popular

the blue on silver and the chrome on light yellow (far right one) ya I got a few left..I remember buying mine from a charter capt. at scarborough bluffs...we went out and tested a few and scored some nice salmon at the drop off...also the LK 357 was also a winner..i got a few left of those to...they both worked well imitating lake smelt for catchin salmon...erie lighthouse too..

Thanks a lot for the info 90 % of my spoons are NK. I had a chance to buy a lot of spoons and most I had never seen before so I was curious as to what they are. Thanks

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks